Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS Bipap auto settings..
PS Bipap auto settings..
This is my first post .. From a year ago i was only reading the threads. A brief about the background

My age is 37 years, around 1 year back i was diagnosed with DNS (deviated nasal septum) and OSA. I underwent septoplasty and during the same time sleep endoscopy was done and grade 3 obstruction was found. Post that my sleep study was done (in new lab setup and i was the pilot patient, I suspect this report). In the report it was more CA's and some were mixed/obstructive apneas. I was recommended BIPAP ST which i began utilizing at 12/6 pressure. During initial days i felt intense change and i felt energetic and there was a drastic change. Don't know whether it was impact of septoplasty and BIPAP both . My average AHI for one year varies from 1-31. Not certain why was this and after some time average was keeping almost 10.... in addition AHI reduced further to 5 when i started taking  nasal spray. Likewise after 12 noon daily i felt that i am feeling lethargic and there is a change in my energy so i chnaged the pressure to 10/16 with which progress stage was not experienced.

From most recent 4 months with the reduced AHI i am not feeling energetic and not able to wake up fresh,  AHI is coming around 4 and i again started nasal sprays which has additionally decreased the AHI however by and large with the great AHI even i am not ready to feel great amid initial 2 hours of day and i didn't feel crisp in morning. The vitality level likewise is by all accounts vanished amid the day yet i didn't felt drowsy.

With this i began attempting different machines on lease..

1. Attempted Resmed CPAP S10 auto felt exceptionally agreeable. I couldn't see CA's in that-AHI was around 3 however morning freshness was not there

2. Attempted S9 Auto 25 VPAP with default settings (as there are more pressure necessities in view of my past machines information at some point it touched 20).I couldn't see CA's in that-AHI was around 3 however morning freshness was not there

3. Recently had a first day with PS Bipap Auto.. not ready to comprehend the ideal settings. Current settings are...

IPAP-22

EPAP-8

PS Min-3

PS Max - 5

on checking the sleepy head report i was not ready to make out how the machine acted as it did demonstrates auto IPAP and EPAP whatever i have set and not the auto variable one. If it's not too much trouble help in the event that i am setting the right values and how might i make sure that machine is working in auto mode effectively as it is not reflecting in the report.

Additionally please enable me with the right machine i to need to use..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PS Bipap auto settings..
I have a Respironics BiPAP and I've tried to set it so that my 95% median works around what my sleep study said I should set a CPAP level at. This is 13.

Looking at your settings your IPAP max of 22 should be fine (it goes up to 25).

I wonder if your EPAP minimum is too low at 8. I started mine at 9 and am up to 10.5 at the moment. It's adjusting this setting that seems to be making improvements and getting my 95% reading around 13. My PS is 2.5 min and 5.0 max. I'm not sure what changing this does but there are some very clued in people on this forum who will certainly have lots of good advice.

Welcome to the forum.

Can I suggest that you download the free Sleepyhead software (available from the menu bar) so that you can view it but more importantly, let the aficionados look at it
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone please guide how to set the outer boundaries so that i can titrate the values and next time set it closely.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gouravverma,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
Good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2017, 11:31 AM)gouravverma Wrote: Can anyone please guide how to set the outer boundaries so that i can titrate the values and next time set it closely.

Thanks in advance.

We can only guess at your needs.  If you can post data from your previous session(s), it would help us to identify what pressures provide effective treatment.  The first two links in my signature describe how to organize and post a #Sleepyhead chart.  The software is free and so is our advise, but we do better if not guessing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
and you will be able to post images and links after the 4th post.  in the meantime, just add a space in the link.  example:

htt p://imgur.com/a/OcdO7
   ^
of course, your picture is not going to show up, but we can copy the text, eliminate the space, and then go see your actual picture.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 166 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 381 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,599 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.