Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS [Pressure Support]
I guess I don't know what to do!  I am currently using a Quattro FFM.  Some nights are fine, others not.  Have you any suggestions?  I have also tried the ResMed A20 with both the silicone and mesh - that was about the same.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry,
Each of us has a different facial structure that seems to favor a particular brand/model.  This is a suggestion that you look at the F&P Simplus.  I have been using the same mask for the past 3.5 years and it still seals perfectly. Due to the expense of FFM's,  I really lucked out that this was my starting mask.  A disclaimer; The sizing guide for the Simplus puts me in the Medium size.  This size hits all the facial pressure points on my face.  Since the medium and large masks use the same headgear I took a gamble and purchased the large to try.  Instant nirvana!  My gamble paid off and I won.

Good luck in your search.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a Quatro FX and had some nagging leaks. I switched to the Resmed AirFit F20 about a year ago and had a similar experience to Red. Leaks have been rare and the mask is super comfortable and easy put on. I'm not suggesting you don't try the F&P Simplus. Just presenting another option that has had satisfactory reviews. I have not had to change the mask or cushion but am well short of the longevity of Red's mask.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys.  I had problems with the Airfit so maybe I'll try the Simplus.  If I can get the DME to supply them, I'll ask them to bring over a medium and large and try them both.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  A problem with leaks is that I end up scratching itchy places.  I don't know if that is something to discount.
[Image: 4jPJ0tL.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak rate in the above chart is good. It shows where you broke the seal to scratch the itch, but otherwise leaks are near zero. Very good!

The sleep disruption continues through the many events and therapy breaks. I sure hope the last clinical study give you a path forward.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, I've been following along without saying much.  I'm glad you're working with your doctor on this and hope that your ASV study leads to better treatment for you, both in terms of the numbers and how you feel.

In the meanwhile, working with the machine that you've got, I would recommend not making as many day-to-day changes based on results but rather looking at the big picture.  Can you post an updated version of the overview like you posted here? -> #178
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys!  Here is the graph:
[Image: qzdRar1.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Larry. Big picture wise, I think you were doing better on settings of 10/9 (late December compared with the last 10 days) and would consider setting things back that way pending the results of your new study and treatment plan. What do you think?
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Shin.  Well BIG news - the doctor called me!  Basically he said that I did much better at very low pressures and he wants me to change the mode to CPAP and set the pressure to 6 and lower the oxygen to 2 (liters).  He was very concerned that the machine does not know when we are awake and the stuff that happens when we're awake is different from when we're asleep.  I'll do it and see what happens.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,342 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 413 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 682 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,627 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,100 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.