Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS [Pressure Support]
(01-19-2018, 02:48 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: Thanks Shin.  Well BIG news - the doctor called me!  Basically he said that I did much better at very low pressures and he wants me to change the mode to CPAP and set the pressure to 6 and lower the oxygen to 2 (liters).  He was very concerned that the machine does not know when we are awake and the stuff that happens when we're awake is different from when we're asleep.  I'll do it and see what happens.

Hi Larry, I'm glad to hear that you heard back from the doc and hope the new settings work out well!
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP mode was definitely working better. Try to get the results from the study that your doctor is using as the basis of his results. I agree, pressure support and variable pressure has not been a good idea, but thought we tried low CPAP pressure before. Hope this works for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will get the results of the study - probably have them in early Feb.  I will then try to copy them and put them on this board.  Thanks!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 01:59 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: VPAP Auto, Sleepyhead, Apple MacBook Pro Retina, OS-X 10.13.1.  In Sleepyhead -> Statistics lower right, it says PS 1.0 over 4.0 - 19.0.  I would like to change the PS 1.0 to 3.0.  I am in auto mode.  What do I change?
Thank you.
--

Larry

I'd just like to point to the first post in this thread, and remind you, the best results  so far were with PS 1.0 over 10-14.  Not so diferent from what you started with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is results of last night.  AHI was bad but I did sleep the entire night.  Set to CPAP 6.
[Image: eEVHSjb.png]

I'm not sure what to do but I think I should probably go a few more nights.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry - I have been silently following your challenges. You will conquer this sleep apnea. Sorry it is such a long road. Hang in there!
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
What happened to Flow Rate?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2018, 10:03 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: What happened to Flow Rate?

Check the Graphs checklist in the lower right corner of the screen, and be sure the Flow-Chart is green, not red.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I called doc and he said go to  7 so I will.  Sleeprider tod me to check the graphs thing in lower right.  I did, it and a bunch of others was red.  I changed to green and below is new graph.
[Image: nNXnwlW.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Posted in wrong place.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,445 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 663 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 458 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 716 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 311 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,764 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,152 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.