Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS [Pressure Support]
Larry, congrats on getting the machine approved! Looking forward to hearing about your progress Smile.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Shin!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I think this should give you a lot of relief. Be sure to download the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV clinical manual from the forum. Lots of good information in there to study.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  I will get the manual today.
[Image: bywbiJv.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if we have discussed the ASV titration protocol before, but I'm going to post a flow-chart below that shows how to setup the Resmed Aircurve 10 AutoSV for first-time titration.  Note the default AutoASV settings are on the lower right. The flow chart describes responses to events.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a bit unclear to me.  The flowchart appears to be what is used for titration (the sleep study) and since it wants me to increase EPAP every 20 min, it isn't something I can do at night.  I would assume that the sleep tech at the DME will set the defaults but if she doesn't, do you want me to set them?  I assume you want me to use ASV Auto not ASV, is that so?  When they say "set" they are not counting RAMP, correct?  Note I've asked for the clinician manual but I don't have it yet.  Thanks!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, the titration protocol is written for use in a sleep lab, but we use the same principles for self-titration. We just use our observations of a full night, rather than a 20 minute period. The same adjustments apply if you are seeing obstructive apnea, hypopnea or CA. Once you have the machine in hand, we can help you to interpret the results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the results from last night:
[Image: rQaOasH.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  I got the new clinician manual but not the sleep study.
[Image: gl7uMdc.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  Today I get the new machine.  Do you want me to start a new thread tomorrow or keep this one going?
[Image: WrtRNvx.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,477 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 694 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 473 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 745 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 313 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,777 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,177 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.