Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS
I'm looking forward to seeing your results after a night with the c-collar. Sometimes we see events cut pretty dramatically. Remember to keep it comfortable. Tight is not right.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, not so good.  AHI is 8.98.  
https://imgur.com/a/2HLcv
One problem is cervical collar, while not too tight, is basically uncomfortable.  I am going to increase the pressure by 2 from 8 to 10 and see what happens.  I woke around 1 and watched tv until 2.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
This is for Pupcamper although I don't know how to do it yet.

I read your post on how to put stuff in your Favorites folder and understand it..  Thank you for that.  Problem is there is no "Favorites" folder, there is just a listing in Finder of favorites.  I would like to create a Favorites folder in the "Favorites" listing.  Then I could easily transfer files.  Do you know how to do that?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, use 2 or 1 for your PS setting tonight and limit maximum CPAP pressure to 14.0. I'm looking to reduce the central apnea portion of your results. With the C-Collar, the events that previously showed as obstructive seem to have become central. That is an unexpected result to say the least.

[Image: iuZnIx3.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 09:08 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: One problem is cervical collar, while not too tight, is basically uncomfortable. 

What do you mean by uncomfortable?

When I've tried a cervical collar, it presses against the side of my neck and causes a narrowing in my throat (I'm a side sleeper). I think it would work if I could sleep on my back.

If the discomfort is inside of your throat, then a cervical collar may not be the answer for you. Or you may need to find a way to position yourself so that it does not cause the discomfort.

All of that is assuming you've got the right size. You did buy locally - my local options were 'one size fits all' and did not meet the Apnea Board wiki fitting guidelines. They weren't comfortable because they were too tall (for me).
Post Reply Post Reply
I set PS to 2 (from 3) and maximum to 14 (from 20).  I am planning on wearing the cervical collar again although I will set it thusly:  make it touch all the way around and then open about 2".

If I add the directory Screenshots to Favorites grouping, I get a warning that the directory has moved NOT an alias.  So I am still working on that.  
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Cervical collar.  What do I mean by uncomfortable - wow that's a tough one.  I did not have it too tight - at least I think so.  When I put it on I thought it was fine - it felt fine.  At 6 am or 5 am it was uncomfortable because it was there.  Does that make sense?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife had 2 of them.  Basically you set the length with velcro.  The depth was fixed.  She had 1 that was about 2" and one which was about 3".  I used the 2" one.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 10:33 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: When I put it on I thought it was fine - it felt fine.  At 6 am or 5 am it was uncomfortable because it was there.  Does that make sense?
...She had 1 that was about 2" and one which was about 3".  I used the 2" one.
Yes, that makes perfect sense, and it sounds like you've got the sizing down. It may just be a matter of getting used to it then, but (hopefully) others with more experience/success with cervical collars may chime in with some tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 09:24 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: This is for Pupcamper although I don't know how to do it yet.

I read your post on how to put stuff in your Favorites folder and understand it..  Thank you for that.  Problem is there is no "Favorites" folder, there is just a listing in Finder of favorites.  I would like to create a Favorites folder in the "Favorites" listing.  Then I could easily transfer files.  Do you know how to do that?
--

Larry
  • Right click on your desktop and choose New Folder. A new folder named untitled folder will be added to the desktop.
  • Click on the name of the new folder once to select and once more to enter edit mode so you can change the name.
  • Type in Favorites and hit enter to rename the folder and exit the edit mode.
  • Open a Finder window and drag the Favorites folder you just created to the Favorites menu in the Finder window's side column.
Your Favorite folder will actually be on your Desktop with a shortcut to it in the Favorites menu in the Finder window's side column. You can access it from either location.

You can also insert items into the Favorites folder from either location by dragging the item to be inserted over the Favorites folder icon, holding it until the icon is selected and then dropping the item. If the item doesn't appear in the folder, check the folders on either side of the target folder to see if was mistakenly dropped in one of them.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,335 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 518 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 680 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,614 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.