Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS
Here is last night:  https://imgur.com/a/LpXoz  I slept until midnight and then I stayed awake and watched tv for an hour.  When I went back to sleep I didn't use the cervical collar.

What I'm thinking of doing is to go back to the way it was:  Mode = S, IPAP = 14, EPAP = 10. PS = 1.  At least my AHI was a lot better (around 2.5).
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense to me...go with what works best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I'm really messed up.  Here is last night:   https://imgur.com/a/ckTcX

This is terrible.  I made an appointment with my sleep doc but it's not until Feb 13.  I can make it earlier but my wife or I have to drive an hour and a quarter.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, I don't think the PS 4 is doing you any favors. You seem prone to complex apnea, and might be better off back on the Vauto mode at 8-14. If you're into a little experimentation, try PS 1. That is going to be almost like APAP. As I recall, you got pretty good therapy on an auto CPAP previously at 10-14.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.  I'll set it back the way it was yesterday only make the PS 1.  I'll also tighten up the mask a bit.  I called the doc and got to see him 3:50 pm on 1/3 in Lancaster which is a bit closer than Berlin (about 45 min instead of 1 hr 15 min).
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night:  https://imgur.com/a/7K8C6  It is a little better than the previous night.  I think I should increase the pressure, but I'm waiting for your comments.  How about PS?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
In VPAP S mode, the PS does not matter because it is set by the fixed IPAP and EPAP pressure. In your case, the current settings of 14/10 result in a PS of 4 regardless of the fact PS is set to 2 in VAuto mode. That is just an error in the Sleepyhead chart machine settings. For fixed VPAP, what you set is what you get. In Vauto mode, you set an EPAP min, PS and IPAP max and the PS is then fixed and pressures vary in the set range with IPAP and EPAP separated by a constant PS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you want me to change anything?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, I'm frankly a bit perplexed by your current results. The obstructive apnea events call for higher EPAP, and the numerous RERA and hypopnea might respond to more PS. Results posted from December 16 showed quite a bit of central activity that has not been present on most charts. I'm going to go with the assumption you have mostly an obstructive problem and just stick with the titration protocols. You seem to do better on fixed pressure than variable. If you're going to use VPAP-S mode, I might try increasing EPAP by 0.5 and PS by the same, So my suggestion is 15/10.5. Thatis a PS of 4.5 on a slightly higher EPAP.

[Image: 1ZBXbuk.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The chart you displayed was not mine.  I used Auto last night NOT S.  You seems to want me to do S and PS at 4.5 - is that right?  I will switch over to that.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,341 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 526 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 413 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 681 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,619 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,100 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.