Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS
Here is last night: https://imgur.com/a/snhSS  I hope I didn't screw this up.  AHI should be 9.50
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PS
This is a test only.
[Image: ZD0zJr5.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PS [Pressure Support]
I don't think there's much you can do with the VAUTO.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, I'm sorry I confused some charts, and please ignore that last post. You are beginning to show pretty consistent complex apnea. with about a 50/50 split of central and obstructive apnea and very little hypopnea. Events tend to cluster, but don't seem to relate to a particular pressure, or even a pressure support. I think we might learn more from a fixed pressure approach, but Walla may be correct that the long term solution is something other than the Vauto.

I'm not sure we will see much difference but if you try 11/10 (PS 1) we will see if you do better at steady pressure. This is roughly your 90% pressure and I would expect it to do a decent job on OA and not increase into CA territory; however, I'm going to stick with the statement in my last post that your results still perplex me. I just don't see a clear direction here, but perhaps stabilizing the pressure will avoid the therapy breaks and give us a better handle of what is going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't see your post in time so all I did was raise the pressure 2.  It did seem to work.  However I did get a call from the doctor last night!  Wow!!  I am now going to see him Jan. 3d and he has all kinds of ideas.  He said among other things that he has several new full face masks and he thought I should try them.  Here is my result of last night:
[Image: pqdKM.png]
https://imgur.com/a/pqdKM
As you can see, its much better, although still not where it should be.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Increasing the maximum pressure did not effect the change in results as you never reached the new pressure for any length of time.  I think you will still see some inconsistent results.  The idea of raising minimum pressure and lowering maximum was to stabilize your pressure.  In any event, you can keep that tool in your hip pocket in case you need it.

Glad to hear you're getting together with the doctor.  Upgrading your mask will no-doubt help, but you still have a chronically high AHI and mixed events.

[Image: ufCirPW.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think I should change anything?
[Image: ufCirPW.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry...

If you get into a fix with finding a sleep doc, there’s also one at the Littleton hospital.

It looks to me like changing the mask won’t accomplish a whole lot, because your significant leaks are during “mask off”, scratching nose, taking a restroom break, adjusting the mask etc. My sleep center also tried to distract me with the option of changing masks (my leaks are very much like yours) despite neither the need or inclination to do so, and a mask change wouldn’t address how I breathe!

I also find the cervical collar intolerably uncomfortable. It’s a lump at the back of my neck. Even without an FFM, the collar was too much..with all the stuff the FFM has going behind the head and neck, I can’t imagine....Oh, well, to each his own.

PM me if you have more Mac questions. I have been exclusively Mac since 1984.
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you hitting the snooze button before you took the mask off or was this a natural wake up?

I’m thinking snooze with snooze button might cause a person to hold their breath (e.g. while they hit snooze) and thus create an “event”. I have had a “before mask off” CA pattern like yours on mornings when I am not using Snooze, but maybe also when I am. I’ve been recording in SleepyHead Notes whether I’m using an alarm or not in case this is significant later. Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  I really like this sleep doc because I have other things going on and he cares and mentions them.  I had a stroke, I'm 77, I have diabetes, had my prostate removed, had a appendix blow up, and more believe it or not!  Changing the mask will only help if it allows a higher pressure - at least that's what I think.  I think higher pressures might eliminate CA's.  I like auto because it lets the pressure come down.  Whatever.  I know last night I had a better sleep and this doc says he doesn't care what's going on if you get a better sleep.

Thank you on the pm.  I don't know how to do that though!  Is there a place I should go to learn?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,330 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 406 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 678 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,613 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,098 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.