Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS [Pressure Support]
Sounds good, keep us posted. I'm curious to see if you find the steady pressure more restful than the variable. You tend to break therapy just as your machine pressure rises, so I suspect this might be better...we'll see.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night (I hope!):
[Image: WAznTaq.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Wuh oh.....Leak time! See those grey areas most of the night? Big leaks.

Your mask-wielding doc almost certainly can help with this one! But often this can be a reaction to pressure. I’m going to let the data gurus weigh in on that one.

In the meantime, put your mask on and use the mask fit option on your machine. It will zoom the pressure up to your highest, and you’ll be able to tell where the leaks are coming from while you’re wide awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks.

Start researching the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV.
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf
https://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial-...0-asv.html
https://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial-...0-asv.html
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, THAT's what it means.  The mask is pretty tight and fitting shows it ok.  I don't know what's going on.  
Thank you.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the Aircurve a machine or a mask?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
machine
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well. I think I should wait until I see the doc before making any machine changes.  Seems obvious that something is wrong.  Should I do anything in the meantime?  (I'm going to check the mask fit later today and will post if I make any changes.)
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I just posted this to someone else, regarding mask leaks:

Quote:If you do a search on "Taming the Mirage Quattro" you'll find a blog, Mask Arrayed, that tells of making a particular leak-prone mask work. She has a really good explanation/description of how to get a mask to work properly.

The Mask Primer also has tips:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

edit:

The mask is pretty tight and fitting shows it ok.

A tight mask seems to fix leaks, but actually prevents the cushion from filling with air which is what forms the seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good news I think.  I use oxygen from a concentrator which feeds in to the air hose.  As it turns out, the oxygen was disconnected!  I connected it and now I get a smiley face.  I also have a new mask.  So, tonight should be different!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,445 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 661 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 457 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 716 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 311 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,764 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,152 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.