Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS [Pressure Support]
I'm glad you are getting an evaluation. Something changed in how you respond to therapy, and it doesn't seem to be self-correcting, so this is a great start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I forgot to take the card upstairs last night but the AHI was 9.3 according to Info.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  I believe I cut the pressure slightly and will do it again tonight.
[Image: BhJ3V9Z.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night (Jan 11 - 12):
[Image: tmpCHaP.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
As you can see, the result have no rhyme or reason. The distribution of obstructive vs central is nearly random, trading places nightly with seemingly random results at the same pressure settings.  Your solution to treatment lies in a BPAP with backup rate.  I posted these titration protocol flow-charts last night in a thread by HalfAsleep who is on a similar journey.  If you think about the results you have had using CPAP and Bilevel you soon see you have run out of options and must go with ASV if you meet the criteria, or another kind of device if not.  Follow along and ask questions if you have them.  This is the process by which the machine and pressure decisions should be made.

[Image: Ns7Q4je.png]

[Image: VElymLC.png]

[Image: YGjDeW1.png]

[Image: liakbFr.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  As I mentioned earlier, I'm going next Tuesday night.  I have switched my numbers to 12/8 as that seems to be the best until then.  My doc seems to be concerned with CA's by the hour and when I told him that I had 41 in an evening, he wasn't nearly as concerned as I was.  However, he does listen so he is going to check for ASV next Tuesday.  Frankly I'm concerned that I am not getting a good night's sleep - to me that's what counts!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
This is last night:
[Image: VT8ihnS.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  I got up for a while and then went back to sleep.  The power went out and our standby generator did not turn on.  Power was off for several hours.
[Image: yZtbERw.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Tuesday is right around the corner. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  Here is last night.  I switched masks back to the old FFM and did laundry yesterday which meant climbing the stairs about 5 times.  I slept well.
[Image: zgtBNo1.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,332 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 679 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,613 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.