Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS [Pressure Support]
Below is last night.  It was awful and I got up around 1:30 for about an hour.  Tonight is sleep study,  Hope it works out.
[Image: NNsNcfC.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
It's Tuesday! Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope tonight goes well and they can dial in the treatment better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Hojo, so do I!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night we drove 1 1/4 hours to Berlin and I did a sleep study.  I thought I didn't sleep but the nice nurse said I did.  I asked that it be done for ASV and the nurse said she would.  I mentioned the unit recommended by Sleeprider and told them that if insurance wouldn't cover it, I would pay for it myself.  I asked this morning if she got everything she needed and she said she did.  She told me that I would hear the report from the doctor in about a week and that I could get a copy by asking his nurse.  Obviously I will.  I took a shower trying to get all the sticky stuff off me and I got most but it will take another shower or two to get the rest.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck Larry. We are all hoping you get the results that will finally give you the relief and rest you deserve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider!  I hope the doc does something good.  If he doesn't, I'll probably just do it myself!  

There is another possibility too and that is that the machine is somehow broken.  What do you think of that possibility?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine appears to be functioning as expected. You have had it in fixed pressure mode for quite a while, so there is not much left to the machine. In Vauto mode, it will raise pressure for what is detected as OA to the maximum setting. As I recall, that did not accomplish much. It will be most interesting to see the results of the sleep study, not only to see the efficacy, but the event type.

Even if only what are flagged as central events are mitigated by ASV, it would cut your AHI by more than half. That is speculative, but we really have no tools on the forum to suggest a better solution using your current BPAP auto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Below is last night.  I was very tired and slept reasonably well.  Interesting to see the mask problems.  Still the old machine and settings.
[Image: 3AFI0ep.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no expert but I would have to agree, you have a problem with leaks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,331 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 406 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 679 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,613 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.