Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS setting ???
Is this just a comfort setting? In general the lower the setting the better?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure support is the difference between IPAP and EPAP in a bilevel machine. It can certainly contribute to comfort, but more accurately the EPAP pressure supports the respiratory system preventing collapse and OA, while IPAP ventilates and controls CO2. A lower EPAP is also used to encourage full exhalation in people with resistance at higher pressure, and can provide some relief to those with GERD or LES induced aerophasia. Bilevel has many therapy applications beyond comfort, but patients requiring relatively high pressures will likely feel comfort from a lower EPAP.

That said, I use mine mainly for comfort and only use an auto PS range of 1.0-4.0. Any higher, and I trigger CAs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question AirCurve 10 Humidity Setting capnman 29 425 1 hour ago
Last Post: Spy Car
  advice on setting up an auto-bipap bob simons 16 9,302 4 hours ago
Last Post: Aardvark08
  ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem Reuven Gruber 10 933 10-13-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Setting mask type on Resmed Airsense 10 SleepyTimes 12 3,470 10-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Reznik
  mask setting with dreamwear eeshwa 10 1,541 10-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Reznik
  URGENT HELP : ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Setting vs. BlueJay22 12 638 08-21-2017, 11:24 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Pressure Setting catspurrrr 20 911 08-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Rcgop