Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PS [Pressure Support]
RE: PS
If you open Documents, and choose Open in Folder, you can sort the files according to the date created.

By the way, the screenshots will have a random number for the name.

Sorry, screenshots are named by the date and time. doh.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem I uniformly have with Apple is that I can never find files -it simply isn't setup for it. If you do an F12 in Sleepyhead it will produce a screenshot and I think that's the one that Sleepyhead wants. It is left in a directory called screenshots and is a number for the title of the file. Oh well, I guess I'll keep working at it..... Thanks anyway!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, maybe I can clear this up. If you press F12 while in Sleepyhead Daily, you will take a screenshot. Assuming you did this on an Apple MacBook Pro Retina running OS-X 10.13.1, how do you find the file which is the screenshot? Assuming you did an F3 or F4 and the screenshot was NOT on the desktop, how do you find the file? I would like to put this directory in "Favorites" on Finder - how do I do that? How do I eliminate Movies or other directories from "Favorites"? Thank you.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, maybe I can clear this up.  If you press F12 while in Sleepyhead Daily, you will take a screenshot.  Assuming you did this on an Apple MacBook Pro Retina running OS-X 10.13.1, how do you find the file which is the screenshot?  Assuming you did an F3 or F4 and the screenshot was NOT on the desktop, how do you find the file?  I would like to put this directory in "Favorites" on Finder - how do I do that?  How do I eliminate Movies or other directories from "Favorites"?  Thank you.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest going onto youtube and searching for "finding files on mac" or however specific you'd like to get.

Unless someone else comes along that can help - my machine is much older, and I'm not Mac savvy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Kiwii, maybe I'll do that.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
https://imgur.com/a/g3hUw

That is last night's charts.  I woke up and watched tv for a bit.  Hope that helps.  I don't know what I did to get that moved but ...
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like your tucking your chin in when your asleep.That's why you have the grouping of OA's in different spots. You might want to buy a soft cervical collar to prevent it from happening.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 10:55 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: OK, maybe I can clear this up.  If you press F12 while in Sleepyhead Daily, you will take a screenshot.  Assuming you did this on an Apple MacBook Pro Retina running OS-X 10.13.1, how do you find the file which is the screenshot?  Assuming you did an F3 or F4 and the screenshot was NOT on the desktop, how do you find the file?

Edited to add: On some older versions of the OSX operating systems there was a Documents folder at /Documents (in the root        directory). SleepyHead data will not be in this folder. It will be in the one referenced below.

The screenshots are saved in your SleepyHead's Screenshots folder in the order they are saved, with the most recent on the bottom. You can see the time stamps for a file by right clicking on it and selecting 'Get Info' in the resulting menu.

In order to make it easier for you to find the name of a screenshot after saving one you could turn notifications on for SleepyHead, if it isn't already. To do so do the following:

• click on the apple icon on the far left of the menu bar at top of the desktop
  • select 'System Preferences' in the resulting drop down menu
  • click on the 'Notifications' icon in the System Preferences panel
  • make sure that 'Recents' is selected on the bottom of the panel
  • scroll down to SleepyHead in Notifications panel and click on it
  • make sure either Banners or Alerts is selected (I prefer Banners because the notification will disappear after a few seconds with no action from me)

With notification turned on simply click on the Notifications icon (three dots followed by horizontal lines) on the far right of the menu bar at top of the desktop after saving a SleepyHead screenshot. A drop down menu will appear with your notifications listed. The most recent will be at the top. The notification should have a time stamp on the top and the path to where the screenshot was saved. The name of the file will be the shown at the end of the path.

Quote:I would like to put this directory in "Favorites" on Finder - how do I do that?  How do I eliminate Movies or other directories from "Favorites"?  Thank you.
--

Larry

Assuming you are viewing the Favorites folder in the sidebar in a Finder window, simply right click on an item you want to remove and select 'Remove From Sidebar' in the resulting drop down menu.

You can change the order items appear in the Favorites menu by dragging them to where you want them.

To add an item to the Favorites folder simply go to the item in Finder and drag it to the Favorites folder in the Finder window side bar.

To put your SleepyHead Screenshot folder in the Favorites folder:
  • go to your SleepyHead screenshot folder (/Users/Username/SleepyheadData/Screenshots)
  • drag and drop the Screenshots folder to the Favorites folder in the sidebar of the Finder window
  • a shortcut to the Screenshots folder will be placed in the Favorites.
My Screenshots folder path is as shown in the above example. Username will be your Mac username. The SleepyHeadData folder could be named differently, but should start with SleepyHead.

There is no way to change the name of the Screenshot folder or choose the folder to save screenshots to that I can find in SleepyHead. Changing the name of the folder on the Mac doesn't work either. SleepyHead just creates a new Screenshots folder when the next screenshot is saved.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 12:40 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: [Image: mYumpQq.png]

That is last night's charts.  I woke up and watched tv for a bit.  Hope that helps.  I don't know what I did to get that moved but ...
--

Larry

Yes! Good job on getting the chart together.  If you widen that left column the statistical data will not have a return and be easier to read.  As you know you have obstructive sleep apena.  The higher pressure you tried helped clear up the events a lot. Your current settings of EPAP min 6.0, IPAP max 20 and PS 3 are leaving you needing higher minimum EPAP pressure.   I think you will see a big difference by changing EPAP min to 8.0.  This roughly corresponds to your current median EPAP pressure. 

The clustering of obstructive events suggests a positional issue where you tuck your chin or have a poorly aligned airway.  A soft cervical collar with a comfortable fit can clear that up in most cases. 

Glad you got this figured out Larry.  Hopefully Pupcamer or You will leave notes in the Software support forum for other Mac users.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,338 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 412 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 681 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,616 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.