Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PSG Data from Sleep Study - EDF Formats
PSG Data from Sleep Study - EDF Formats
I had a sleep study in December and asked the sleep lab to provide me with the underlying PSG data.

The data is stored in "standard" EDF files (just like ResMed PAP machine data and data from various other devices).

This means that the data can be viewed with any generic EDF file viewer such as Polyman (in my sig).

Alternatively we can view the data using  "Phillips Respironics Sleepware G3" software.
The Phillips software looks very much like OSCAR but has extra capabilities to annotate events and create reports etc.

I have not explored the capabilities of the software but I've attached a few screenshots to give a feel for it.
The images look cluttered because all possible data graphs are turned on and there isn't it enough screen space to make that useful.

There is a heck of a lot of data available but I wonder if anyone even looks at most of it when doing a "vanilla" sleep study.

I don't know if most sleep labs would be willing to supply this data.  Nothing to lose... I just asked and they said yes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do sleep aids effect sleep study results wking 12 263 10-27-2020, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dapal
  Questions to ask between at-home study and consult visit? Trader Joe 17 323 10-22-2020, 04:13 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  sleep study results Rich66 11 261 10-17-2020, 08:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  need interpretation of sleep study data JenniferJuniper 9 201 10-14-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [Thread Closed] - For my 3rd sleep study.... Davidacarrick 4 211 10-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  sleep study using cpap sleep4 6 141 10-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  What data is available to my sleep doctor Beaumont1124 2 124 10-07-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.