Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Packing CPAP into luggage - Thoughts ...Yes / no ?
RE: Packing CPAP into luggage - Thoughts ...Yes / no ?
TSA checkpoints are a fact of travel life. If you feel better enclosing your machine in a plastic bag, then you absolutely should do so. I don't personally perceive much risk by the outer surfaces of my machine contacting the bins, but my tolerances are my own. Note that masks, cords and accessories do not need to be removed from the case. If you choose to use a plastic bag or cover, that is your prerogative and TSA allows it, but may request to swab your machine for explosives. If so, you may request clean gloves and a fresh swab.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Packing CPAP into luggage - Thoughts ...Yes / no ?
Different airports seem to treat CPAP equipment differently. There is no consistency. I travel quite a bit in the US and most pay no mind to your equipment but one airport that is notorious for pulling out your CPAP for extra inspection in a very dirty bin and with gloves that have been on all day is Newark, NJ. I suspect that if you put your mask in a plastic bag they would leave that alone but they will swab your CPAP unit. This is in the TSA Pre line! Requesting new gloves and a clean swab is trumped by the trays anyway. The trays at this airport have a black layer of crud in them that indicates that they are never cleaned. They do not care. If you do anything to slow things down you will get attitude.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,742 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,504 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,563 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 418 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 400 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 732 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.