Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV for complex apnea - VA says increases chance for heart problems?
RE: ASV for complex apnea - VA says increases chance for heart problems?
What the VA is telling you is pure BS.

The LVEF study was very deeply flawed--in the first place--and *if* you had such a problem, you'd know it. If they need to *prove* you don't have an LVEF problem, that's simple.

The idea that ASV use leads to heart disease is an invention. Fight it. The medical evidence is on your side if you are having Centrals.

I'm one of our community that had a pretty borderline number of CA events (that worsened). I was experienced increased fatigue as a result. I pushed to get a new sleep study that demonstrated efficacy for ASV.

I was VERY HAPPY that I had the support and information from Sleeprider and other members of this forum that allowed me to self-advocate. Getting ASV was a boon for my health.

My advice? Push back hard on this nonsense.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV for complex apnea - VA says increases chance for heart problems?
Texas Tiger, you need to read the story of a forum member "Josephdfco" http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....200b44fdc9

You will find 9-threads at the link above. Joseph is a veteran and in the care of the VA. He did get ASV and was successful. Here is his thread once he got the ASV http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SV-machine The important thing for you to know is that the VA will issue ASV, and that what you have been told is misleading and wrong. You must complain. You have twice been diagnosed as having complex apnea, and you are entitled as a veteran to be treated honestly, fairly and by professionals that are knowledgeable enough to process your needs and obtain appropriate treatment. Lies such as you were told are as close to malpractice as I can think of. Read Joe's story and comment back. His path to ASV was not easy, and he had to suffer through a trial with a BiPAP ST machine that did not work. I am not promising that your journey will be easy, but you must be persistent to win.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,007 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.