Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pad-A-Cheek Fitting Issues
Pad-A-Cheek Fitting Issues
My wife has been complaining about the marks her AirFit F10 leaves on her face upon waking in the mornings. After many attempts adjusting the tightness, I suggested she try the mask cover from Pad A Cheek. We ordered the correct one and received it last week.

After thoroughly washing it per instructions, and applying it properly, she finds the opening very constrictive....especially the top of her nose. She feels like it's made the mask much tighter and squeezes her nose uncomfortably. We did trim the opening a little but we were afraid to remove material from the top part of the pad where it presses against her nose. There is an extra padded area behind the cloth part and I feel this may be causing the tightness. 

Would it be OK to trim this area as well? If anyone has used these pads, how did you find the fit? Any help would be appreciated.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pad-A-Cheek Fitting Issues
I found the strap covers work real well. That said I only tried the mask liner once. It actually caused leaks for me. But I'd cut it the way you need to and make it comfortable. That's the reason you bought it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2018, 06:18 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I found the strap covers work real well. 

Yep, me too Walla Walla. The strap covers are what made me think of trying the mask cover.

I was just afraid I might ruin the whole thing if we cut into that little extra pad on the nose area. Meh...what the heck. It's not like it cost a fortune. We'll see what happens. 

If anyone else has any experience with these things, please offer any advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
I trimmed the opening to fit my mouth better, the nose area was fine and I too get more leaks but I can live with the leaks since they are within an acceptable range and it is allowing my nose to heal.
Post Reply Post Reply
The woman that owns and operates Pad-A-Cheek is a delightful and interested person that would welcome your feedback and offer suggestions. They have a phone number and you should not hesitate to give her a call. 434-985-4003 Monday - Friday 8-5 EST
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider. 
If we can't get it right, I'll give her a call.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 52 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 609 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.