Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pain medication limitations after surgery?
RE: Pain medication limitations after surgery?
I had low O2 levels after surgery but all they added was a nurse to sit beside me and nag me to "remember to breathe" "breathe deeply" "keep breathing". I was OK after the serious narcotics wore off. I still hear her voice though... Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
chill +1.
coming off the drugs is the problem and not SA. wife kept telling me to breathe, I just wanted to go to sleep. this was all before CPAP, they were watching my O2 and tweaking the rate, 4-6 liters for the first day IIRC.
would have been nice to know about SA, but no harm, no foul.

Get it settled before you go in, when you want meds, you need to get them. I had a stupid nurse that kept telling me to focus on my seventh chakra every time I asked for pain meds. She almost didn't make it out of intensive care Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes only drugs will doThinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Many OA's and neck/shoulder pain sfgiants123 2 88 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 15 723 8 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 368 9 hours ago
Last Post: earnerd
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 176 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Talk me into or out of surgery BoxcarPete 37 2,159 04-15-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [CPAP] Worsening OSA After Bariatric Surgery Ibrumley 8 230 04-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 487 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.