Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pain relief for Pilairo
I have been using the Pilairo mask for several months now. Every two or three weeks I have to stop using it and go back to my Mirage Vista for a few days to let my nose heal. For some reason the Pilairo creates sores just the inside the outer edge of my nostrils, about 10-11 o'clock and 1-2 o'clock respectively. I am not alone; there are a few other similar reports on the net.

The other day I was talking with the respiratory therapist at my DME and he mentioned that he had started using the Pilairo himself. In an earlier conversation I had mentioned the nose lesions caused by the Pilairo, and the conversation the other day he confirmed that he experiences the same effect.

Thinking about this for a while I decided to try Lansinoh cream, recommended by others here for similar problems with other masks. I am happy to report that I have been using it now for three weeks and have had no further nose lesions from the Pilairo.

All it takes is a tiny little dab smeared inside each nostril before going to bed. It is odorless and I can't even tell it is there. But apparently it is enough to stop whatever friction was causing the lesions.

Now if I could just find a reliable way to keep it from starting to whistle in the middle of the night, I will have the perfect mask for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi JJJ,
When I use a nasal pillows mask, I have to use the Lansinoh HPA lanolin cream, it works wonders.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back pain, confusion & discouragement [mask issues and SpO2 questions] Albercook 2 149 02-20-2018, 11:39 PM
Last Post: ajack
  A Question of Exhale Pressure Relief thecpapguy! 10 2,529 01-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Last Post: cam
  Central's [and exhale relief connection?] GuppyDRV 16 616 01-11-2018, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reznik
  Facial pain ThisOne 11 394 12-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 116 3,302 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Reznik
  pressure relief display vs. EPR yankees123 13 350 11-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  pain inside nose taha 2 221 10-30-2017, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore