Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pamelala - Therapy Thread
Pamelala - Therapy Thread
In my second week of therapy and just had that first great night when I can really feel the benefit. I disabled EPR after finding it uncomfortable the first night, that data is not here, alas. I'd like to hear any dissenting or confirming opinions. If it matters I've always leaned toward central apneas, developed obstructive just last year. Also, how can we view the data listed in chart options, "sleep Stage," for example. It's probably obvious but I looked everywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Pamelala

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pamelala - Therapy Thread
Based off your flow limits, you won't gain anything by using EPR, other than it being easier to exhale. Based on your CAs being sporadic, I would guess they are caused more by positional and/or arousal conditions rather than pressure based or a physical anomaly.

You will have to have a device that will report Sleep Stage in order for it to display. This parameter is not a part of normal CPAP data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just what I was hoping for, thank you, Sir. I marvel at your inestimable contributions here.
Post Reply Post Reply
This will be very basic but I know we don't judge. Why is my night divided into four sessions under session info. when I never removed my mask nor touched the machine once all night? Also, how would we attach a screenshot to these replies in a treatment thread. (Attach image is not available below).

Pam
Post Reply Post Reply
You are probably using the Quick Reply, it won't offer this. You need to use the full editor. Try pressing the REPLY button.

Note: You can turn off the quick replay window in your UserCP.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again, Red. You're right of course.

Now I have two questions if I may. The first is where all these discrete sessions come from when I didn't disrupt last night's CPAP at all. Unless reading in bed would do it? I'm positive because I'd forgotten to put tape on my mouth and rather than take the mask off to get up I tried the pillow adjustment. This leads to the second question. What might be the source of AHIs when there are no obstructive events?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
By chance, do you have the Smart Start option tuned on? If so, turn it off and see hat happens.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I looks like the S11 has separate settings for "Smart Start" and "Smart Stop". Check that they are both Off.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Both settings are "off." Intrigued.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any storms in your area???

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,198 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.