Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help setting my 91 yo dad's bipap machine
RE: help setting my 91 yo dad's bipap machine
I switched the mode from VAUTO to S with a range of 14 to 18. I don't understand the difference and thought I'd go back to what DME set.

With the cervical collar, his events went down to 6 last night!

But the leak was 66 l/min. The night sitter said he touched his mask a lot while asleep.

My dad said he had a great night and the cervical collar did not bother him.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well moving from over 40 to 6 events is something on the order of a 6 to 7x change in apnea. You are on the right track and if the leaks can be resolved, we're really going to be onto something good. You have confirmed positional "chin-tucking" apnea as the main problem. My suggestion of EPAP min 9.0, PS 4.0 and Max pressure 25 would have been equally effective, but I have no problem with max pressure of 18, had I been aware of the original script. I'm still going to suggest increasing Trigger Sensitivity to High.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And do post the current daily chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are yesterday's and today's results.  I chose the 6 charts listed in your article.  If you need to see other charts, I can post them.

The two days have the same settings on the machine and he wore a cervical collar both nights.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,257 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 120 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 262 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 148 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 223 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 519 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 250 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.