Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Particles in Water Tub
Particles in Water Tub
Hi All,

I have seen threads discussing particles in the water tub, but all of them seem to be about colored particles. I am seeing small acicular (short, thread like) white particles after a single use. I am using a ResMed Airsense 11 cpap with a ResMed feather touch mask. I clean every morning using baby wipes. Any thoughts? Is it hazardous? I have been dumping the remaining water and starting from scratch once per weeek.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Particles in Water Tub
Are you using an external Humidifier in your home (bedroom)?

Humidifiers, especially ultrasonic ones are known to release particles  (flakes).
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2022, 11:09 AM)Dog Slobber Wrote: Are you using an external Humidifier in your home (bedroom)?

Humidifiers, especially ultrasonic ones are known to release particles  (flakes).

Thanks so much for the response, but---no, no external humidifier and no pets at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
  • Try a different water source
  • Try dumping the water nightly
  • Check your filter, it's made of white, string like material
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using tap water?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I'm using distilled water. If I dump the water each morning, it seems to me that it's a real waste of money! And, it shows up the very next morning after I have dumped the old water and replaced it with new. I will check filters. If they are coming apart, seems to me that they must be of inferior quality.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea, I use distilled water also and don’t have what you described. So we ruled that out.

I just don’t know what it could be other than some junk from the manufacturing process of the unit.
Keep us posted on what you find, I’m sure it will help others.

Just try it one night without a filter. That should solve the filter question.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2022, 01:47 PM)Heaviside Wrote: If I dump the water each morning, it seems to me that it's a real waste of money! 

I'm not suggesting you to dump the water *every morning*. I'm suggesting you dump the water for the next day or so, to help determine the cause.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2022, 02:07 PM)Nightynite Wrote: Yea, I use distilled water also and don’t have what you described. So we ruled that out.

I just don’t know what it could be other than some junk from the manufacturing process of the unit.
Keep us posted on what you find, I’m sure it will help others.

Just try it one night without a filter. That should solve the filter question.

Excellent suggestion! I will give it a try and post the result.

(09-17-2022, 02:09 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: I'm not suggesting you to dump the water *every morning*. I'm suggesting you dump the water for the next day or so, to help determine the cause.

Thanks. Good idea, but I have already done that for a few days running. If I dump the water one morning, its back the next.
Post Reply Post Reply
Distilled water is a waste of money. Stop! 

Use tap water, or water from a home filter pitcher, such as Zero Water or Brita, if you feel you must use filtered water. 

I initially used distilled water for a while, and it was about a $1.00 a gallon. That got old real fast. 

As has been suggested, remove the machine's filter and try it a night w/o it. See if the same issue persists.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,112 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 168 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 220 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,954 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,573 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 215 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 243 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.