Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Particles in Water Tub
RE: Particles in Water Tub
I had the same issue (frequent, but not every day) of white flecks (just one or two) in the humidifier tank of an airsense 10.
After reflection, I thought it might be due to my wiping of the tank pieces with a clean paper towel during the daily cleaning process-----prior to replacing the tank back in the airsense 10 at night.
So I started rinsing (top, bottom, and gasket) extra well (6 times) after the wiping and then just air drying the 3 pieces.
It seemed to make a difference.  Thereafter, I didn't notice the white flecks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a postscript on this thread. I switched from a Walmart housebrand of wipes to a brand name {Huggies) and that seems to have caused the problem to go away.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I wash mine. I just shake it out, lay it on the bed so I don’t get water marks on my end table and by night time it’s dry. And no particles.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be more concerned about any chemical residue left from the wipes than particles that may be left floating in the water. The water will evaporate as humidity and the particles will remain in the tank, but chemical residue in the tank will be inhaled along with the humidity. No need to wipe dry, just rinse and either air dry or refill and attach to the machine right away.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is important to wipe the humidifier pieces (even if infrequently) because i don't think swirling around some water in the tank etc. will get rid of the mold is there is any.  YMMV.  So I like using a paper towel.  And then rinsing well.   Do you think there are chemicals in the paper towel???  I could change to a clean cloth but I thought the paper towel would be better???
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 353 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.