Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Particles in Water Tub
RE: Particles in Water Tub
Sleeprider.... no citation if you have one of these vehicles in the future. It won't let you drive.

https://www.westernmassnews.com/2022/09/...cohol-use/
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, well, more government nanny increasing the costs to everyone to keep the problem drivers regulated. Kind of reminds me of taking everyone's guns to punish criminals. Let's hope they don't get this nor the EV mandate. Who knew the infrastructure bill last year contained a requirement for NHTSA to install alcohol monitoring systems in new cars? What a crock!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I did the experiment: distilled water in an enclosed container for eight hours near cpap machine. No particles.

And what one poster said: it makes sense that the contaminants must be coming from the air, from the filter, or from the connection between filter and water tub. So---I'm saying the filter is responsible.
Post Reply Post Reply
If we knew the brand of baby wipes being used to clean the humidifier, that might be an additional test.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You had said you don't know where the filters originate from in a previous post. My own DME provides filters for my Dream Station 2 which are not a Resperonics branded filter (cheaper for the DME). I have not had any issues with the generics, but I know the ResMed filters are different in the way they are made and if manufactured poorly perhaps could shed particulates. It might be worth contacting your healthcare provider that supplies you with the filters and mention you suspect the filters they supply may be shedding and see if they'll send some ResMed branded ones. If they aren't willing there are some online retailers that appear to stock ResMed branded filters that should be of good quality and may prove the filters you have been using are the culprit.
Post Reply Post Reply
How often do you clean the tank?
Post Reply Post Reply
The wipes are bugging me. Please stop using wipes for a few days.

Soak in a dilute vinegar solution for 30-60inutes. Then rinse throughly. Air or blow dry, keep the temp down. Do not use wipes.
On the side wipe out a glass with your wipes and fill and cover over night. Inspect both I. The morning. It could be that since you are not evaporating from the glass the particles will not show. To evap try putting the glass on a hotplate on warm and cover with something porus.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an S9 since 2013, and never had this issue either, until 2 months ago when my new S10 Autosense arrived. I now get floaters, and scum type top floaters and short stringers in the water tank. Here is what I've tried:
My water is/has always been, distilled water or when I ran out, ZERO water filtered. The new S10 has been rinsed out and NOT dried with anything, OR dried with a clean handkerchief OR left out, upside down to air dry, or put back in the machine for the drying cycle.
I only change the airfilter 2xs per month, and I have some that are Resmed provided, some from the VA provider (2 different types of material) I have tried both of these materials. The machine sits on my night stand (has since 2013)
Tank gets a dishwasher round weekly(never sits through the dry cycle) often only through the wash cycle then removed and rinsed by hand then dried by hand with a soft cotton handkerchief.
These procedures have been used since 2013 and the floaters/stringers have only happened since this new S10(new on July17th 2022).
Now I dump my tank every 2 days, rinse with tap water, and put the tank back in the machine, run the cooling cycle 1 time and put a fresh 1/3rd of a tank of water and run it for 2 more days. And repeat because this machine just keeps putting these floaters into my water tank.

Heaviside, I too have this trouble.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is indeed strange!  Have you chcked the silicone gasket the goes between the two tank halves?  No fibers pulling off or anything?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I emptied the tank last night, cleaned it out thoroughly using a paper towel. This AM there are just  a few floaters. Not many, but a few. Less than with the wipes. So---no more wipes for me.

Yes I have checked: no fibers on the gasket.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion. You have all been a big help, and I can see this forum will prove to be a great resource in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 94 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,373 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 355 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.