Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Patient Balance = $0 !!!
Patient Balance = $0 !!!
I received my EOB for all of the charges relative to my equipment, and my insurance company (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan) paid everything! (Well, as they're a participating vendor, they had to write off those amounts above what BCBSM allows.) So far, I've rented my CPAP for two months (I'm in my second month), and I haven't had any OOP expenses.
Shock-2

Of course, I've had enough health issues this year to have met my deductible and paid my max OOP.

Come January 1, however, it will be a different story on so many levels:
  1. My position has been cut, and I will be out of work.
  2. I will be starting over with deductibles and co-pays, so I'll have a lot of OOP expenses.
  3. I may be on Obamacare....whatever that means.

I'll need to look at which parts and pieces I can get replaced when, and if there's anything I can get before December 31, I'm certainly going to.

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Patient Balance = $0 !!!
Good luck with Obamacare. In the South the deductibles are abut equal to the national deficit. Come January I'll be on a Medicare replacement that is much better than my current insurance.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
so sorry to hear about the job loss - that really stinks, and I hope that you are able to find a new (and better) one quickly. It is to the benefit of your DME to sell you whatever they can before end of year, but it's about a month too early for most stuff, I think. depends on how they do 3 mo... maybe there is a grace period so that you can receive it at 3 mo... Individual plans have different schedules tho. some follow medicare and some don't.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2014, 05:02 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: I may be on Obamacare....whatever that means.

I'll need to look at which parts and pieces I can get replaced when, and if there's anything I can get before December 31, I'm certainly going to.

Hi Lamb,

You're going to need to research "Obamacare" very quickly. I think the enrollment window for January may end tomorrow. You may need to find out how that is done in your state today, and enroll online today, or by phone tomorrow.

Talk to your CPAP supply place, to see what CPAP supplies your insurance will cover before January 1.

Perhaps a replacement or spare of:
1. one set of "mask cushions" for your mask
2. a couple air filters for your machine
3. heated hose
4. water tank

Good luck!
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you! $0 is the best price!

I had not met my deductible so I just sent off about $850 for machine and headgear/mask (purchase all). I wasn't offered any other option - don't know why.

Sorry about the job loss. That's always a major thing.

I hope you'll find some suitable coverage somehow. If Obamacare I hope it works for you. I know some people who are using it and it's really good for them - but I'm in California where it was adopted and supported by the state. Someone I know in Georgia is not as happy - especially with the support for making changes.

Keep up on your therapy though. Every day new information points to the importance of good ventilation during sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply
Affordable Care Act time frame is different when you loose your job. I believe you have 30 days once your job insurance is cancelled. The higher the premium the better the coverage but there will still be a deductible and co-pays. As far as supplies you can get now is none unless you pay for them yourself. Usual time frame for replacement items (filters, hose, ect) is 3 month for some 6 months for others. Check with your Ins. or your DME. As far as your job loss sorry to hear about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2014, 05:41 PM)sgearhart Wrote: Good luck with Obamacare. In the South the deductibles are abut equal to the national deficit. Come January I'll be on a Medicare replacement that is much better than my current insurance.

If by Medicare replacement your talking about a Advantage plan you might want to rethink that and go with Medicare A and B with a medigap policy and a Part D prescription policy. See my signature for assistance.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lambsydoats,
It's good that you have a 0 balance now but I'm sure sorry to hear about your job los, I hope you find another one, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your concern and advice.

I enrolled in another Blue Cross Blue Shield plan through the ACA on Friday--to be effective January 1. I will have coverage despite unemployment.

I have been blessed this year with an outstanding health plan--just when I needed it! (Job environment, not so much. So I am fine with the loss of my job.) Shhh

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just reading my Rx plan formulary for 2014 2015. I'm so mad, I'd like to roll it up and... (you fill in the blank.)
They forget I know more than Snowden...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New patient Mach9 7 610 12-12-2023, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Mach9
Idea [Treatment] Directory of patient-enabling CPAP Treatment Providers EasySleep 12 1,087 04-27-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is in-lab titration study needed for higher-risk patient who wants to avoid COVID? DevinJones 19 1,379 03-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  Newbie - How to balance CAs and EPR and pressure? Bert S 12 1,607 10-23-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Bert S
  Cpap vet getting Medicare coverage and a "new patient" exam - need advice please! FormerFed 19 2,698 10-18-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: plakky
  How to change the Patient stored in my CPAP Mrand 4 901 08-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Mrand
  [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice MikeyT 21 2,693 01-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Last Post: MikeyT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.