Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Patient Balance = $0 !!!
RE: Patient Balance = $0 !!!
I am not eligible for medigap and I am happy with the coverage of my advantage plan ( I don't like it as much this year as I did my first year and the co-pays keep going up) but the coverage is good and it is less costly than medicare A & B and part D. I am not comfortable with straight medicare
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2014, 07:15 PM)justMongo Wrote: I'm just reading my Rx plan formulary for 2014. I'm so mad, I'd like to roll it up and... (you fill in the blank.)
They forget I know more than Snowden...

Good for you that 2014 is almost over!
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2014, 07:35 PM)Mike1953 Wrote:
(12-14-2014, 07:15 PM)justMongo Wrote: I'm just reading my Rx plan formulary for 2014. I'm so mad, I'd like to roll it up and... (you fill in the blank.)
They forget I know more than Snowden...

Good for you that 2014 is almost over!

See -- I'm so mad, I put the wrong year. Should read 2015.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2014, 07:20 PM)me50 Wrote: I am not eligible for medigap and I am happy with the coverage of my advantage plan ( I don't like it as much this year as I did my first year and the co-pays keep going up) but the coverage is good and it is less costly than medicare A & B and part D. I am not comfortable with straight medicare

You better get comfortable with premiums going up they will continue to do so as the Advantage subsidy is slowly going away and you will be paying the whole premium. As far as A and B your already paying for that now your B premium just goes to your Advantage plan plus what you have to pay plus your co-pays and deductibles.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2014, 07:20 PM)me50 Wrote: I am not eligible for medigap...

May I ask why not?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='me50' pid='93847' dateline='1418602835']
I am not eligible for medigap

Everyone who is on Medicare can get a Medigap policy unless your on disability and live in a state that does not have a Medigap plan for under 65 years of age. Even then your Advantage plan is not as good as Medicare A and B. Who told you your not eligible for Medigap?

Post Reply Post Reply
Was on straight Medicare etc. Ill stick with the Medicare plan I have now. Hundreds less.

Sorry about the job loss Lamb.

Obama care deductibles since I have friends that are on it are in essence you have insurance but pay for everything yourself unless you get up into major thousands of dollars.

Everyone I know that is on it wont be soon and will opt to just pay the fine because its cheaper. And many friends that once seeing what it is simply pay the fine now, after having their own insurance plan ripped from them and go out of pocket. Even for major medical and just set up payments. Still cheaper than Obamacare deductibles. Cannot wait for that to be dismantled. Doesnt affect me personally but any person I know that was affected by it and was sick at the time has been finacially destroyed by it or just quit being treated for anything hoping they live without treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't neglect to write to your Congressscum when the coverage under Obamacare/medicare/etc. is not done right.

There are lots of people paying big bribes to your Congresscum to make US healthcare benefit big business and other special interests. Unless a lot of mad voters write in, the bribe money will determine how the laws go.

Even if you don't think medicare/Obamacare should be done, it's what we're stuck with. Unless we eliminate it, we need it to work right.

BTW, I think COBRA is still around for those who lose their jobs, but the plans available under Obamacare may be a better buy.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I envision the end of Obamacare shortly after January. It was simply an attempt to turn the health care system in the U.S into socialized health care system nobody wanted. "You have to pass the bill to find out whats in it"". Would that we had had Congress critters with the spine to say " well since we dont know whats in it and neither do you, we'll pass.

I imagine alot of repealing of a bunch of things done over the past 8 years is forthcoming. Sooner the better.
Post Reply Post Reply
For those who end up in a low-income situation, and are forced to go onto the Medicaid side of Obamacare, please be careful. For several years now (even before Obamacare), when Medicaid pays any of your medical bills, they are required by law to recoup most all those expenses paid on your behalf by going after your estate when you die.

So, if you have a home or other assets, the government will likely place a lien on them so that they get paid first before you can will the property to your heirs. That little quirk has been an eye-opener for many children who expected to get Mom or Dad's home when they passed away. Surprise - all those Medicaid benefits you thought were "free"? They weren't free at all - your kids or heirs will be paying the entire bill out of the proceeds of your estate.

So, in a scenario where Mom owns her home outright and is living alone (without a spouse or dependent living in the home) and the property is valued at $100,000, and she has had over $100,000 in medical bills paid out by Medicaid over the years, her children will not get their "family home" when she dies - it will be sold and the proceeds will be given to the government to reimburse them for the medical payments.

http://medicaid.gov/medicaid-chip-progra...overy.html

Cool

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New patient Mach9 7 607 12-12-2023, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Mach9
Idea [Treatment] Directory of patient-enabling CPAP Treatment Providers EasySleep 12 1,087 04-27-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is in-lab titration study needed for higher-risk patient who wants to avoid COVID? DevinJones 19 1,377 03-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  Newbie - How to balance CAs and EPR and pressure? Bert S 12 1,606 10-23-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Bert S
  Cpap vet getting Medicare coverage and a "new patient" exam - need advice please! FormerFed 19 2,693 10-18-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: plakky
  How to change the Patient stored in my CPAP Mrand 4 898 08-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Mrand
  [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice MikeyT 21 2,692 01-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Last Post: MikeyT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.