Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pause for Thought
Idea 
Pause for Thought
Not sure how other machines work but it would be nice if the machines had a pause button and a better release mechanism for the mask, so if a toilet break is needed or for whatever you can sit up unclip with the mask still on and hit the pause button. As Im a carer I can be up and down all bloody night and its a real pain having to stop and start my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pause for Thought
my machine has smart start or seomthing like that. I can unclip the hose from my nasal mask and it will blow for a few seconds and then stop and the light will illuminate on the machine - not too bright but enough for a night light. Then after I go to the bathroom or whatever I just snap the hose back into place on my mask that is still on my face and take a couple of breaths. THe airflow will start again and the lights dim and then go out on the machine. No need to hit any buttons at all or remove my mask or chin strap. Kinda handy. Not handy enough to pay for a new machine because of it but handy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I think a pause button would be a good idea, especially if you use ramp. On my machines I have not been able to use auto start because it usually won't work with a FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 09:31 AM)zimlich Wrote: Yes, I think a pause button would be a good idea, especially if you use ramp. On my machines I have not been able to use auto start because it usually won't work with a FFM.

i use autostart all the time with fullface. usually it goes by itself. sometimes i have to blow in the mask a couple times so it knows i'm home and alive and then it kicks on. my wife uses fullface with the same machine and i see hers kick on too.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  The Nose Is Weirder Than We Thought Lucid 15 1,527 11-24-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Equipment] How should I pause CPAP (ResMed AS11) for a bathroom break? ThinMountainAir 7 12,626 05-14-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  Thought I had this whipped... Computerdoc 4 703 03-05-2022, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Not sure/diagnosed but thought to have sleep apnea jvone747 4 698 05-08-2021, 12:11 PM
Last Post: sheepless
Question Artificial Intelligence: food for thought SevereApnea 0 697 03-21-2021, 01:36 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  3 days in - not as easy as I thought SleepyTexasGirl 10 1,825 12-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ApneaQuestions

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.