Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pay attention to the man behind the curtain.
Pay attention to the man behind the curtain.
I posted this yesterday, but in the wrong spot. I'm re-posting it here because I think it is important. We have so very many people who cruise by picking up whatever help we can offer and I just wanted to share my thoughts with them.

No, Supersleeper is not the wizard of oz, but he is quite an amazing guy. His real name for those that do not know is Superguy.

I read a couple of threads yesterday from folks that have had their lives changed because of this website. There are lots of those stories around here, mine included.

I thought about this all night. Yeah, I know: I don't really have much of a life. But what I was stricken with is that because of Superguy's dedication actual lives have been saved. Not merely improved, although that's certainly happened many many times, but literally saved.

How many people have visited this site over the years because they were at a "last resorts" place? How many were helped by the so very many people out here that have come over the years to lend encouragement and advice? ...and how many people as a result succeeded in their therapy rather than ending up asleep behind the wheel one day as they pass a school bus, or not quite making it to the ER in time when their stroke hit, or any number of things that are not a possibility, but a redirected reality?

You know, he doesn't do it for the independent wealth it generates. Actually he takes more out of his pockets than he can ever put into them. He does it because he's dedicated to this task. He isn't doing it because he has a private supplier business and is using this as a customer support tool. Nothing wrong with that. It's just that Superguy doesn't have that.

He must simply love what he's doing. This must be his way of giving back a little of the great blessings received from his loving God. It's his "tithe" to humanity.

If you look through the messages over the years you see lots of names of very active members who have come and gone in support of the site. Very few have been here for very many years, but some have and they need celebrated too. So watch for them, and give them a shout out "thank you" too. For those of us that haven't been around all that long, the shoes to fill are not just big, but huge.

It is my personal pleasure to do what I can and donate what I can to Superguy in support of his great quest. Please join me in this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pay attention to the man behind the curtain.
Thank you to all of you... Sincerely, without this site I would still be muddling through an improper setup, confusion, and a general frustration that honestly would have had me throw off the machine the second night. We live in a world where PhDs and MDs are heralded for their superior knowledge and superhuman abilities... Push through that illusion in this still foggy science of sleep treatment and there is this board, honest, caring, and full of practical, applicable knowledge that supports a medical field that has not the time nor understanding to tweak each case as happens here.

To all of you who help... Thank You!
Post Reply Post Reply
I could not agree with you more, R_G!!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Here, here! My hubby is one of those lives I believe to be saved! It if had not been for this board and SuperSleeper he would have either given up or been in the hospital. Because everyone is willing to share their knowledge and experience.

A huge Thanks to all, you really make a difference
Post Reply Post Reply
What everyone else has said. Thank you big time Super Guy!
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been around for a bit longer than you who have posted so far. I have had very little support from the medical community. Most of what I know about PAP therapy came from here and one other forum. I just returned from a 2,000 mile auto trip. Before PAP I would have been nodding off behind the wheel on the 500 mile days, not this time.
I am still looking for help fine tuning my ASV machine. It is not as simple as my old S9 Autoset. The first sleep doctor I was directed to didn't know what a CPAP report was, the second (out of network) refused to see me. Then I was directed to a different doctor in the same office as the first. I called and verified neither of them knew what a sleep report was.
I will probably have to ask the hard questions here, and get my answers because of SuperGuy.
I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks for being here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the other people who have posted in this thread. Supersleeper has 'filled the gap' between the sleep doctor and the patients like us who use this technology. I don't understand why some sleep doctors don't want patients to 'adjust' our machines. I guess they think we're all not very bright. I am grateful for Supersleeper and this site that provide support and information. I wish there was a "like" button because so many people have posted valuable information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2014, 11:50 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I agree with the other people who have posted in this thread. Supersleeper has 'filled the gap' between the sleep doctor and the patients like us who use this technology. I don't understand why some sleep doctors don't want patients to 'adjust' our machines. I guess they think we're all not very bright. I am grateful for Supersleeper and this site that provide support and information. I wish there was a "like" button because so many people have posted valuable information.

Absolutely. There's a huge gap between the doc's diagnosis and the DME's "here's your machine, have a nice life".

Actually getting this stuff to work right isn't handled by anybody you would expect to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2014, 11:58 AM)Terry Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 11:50 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I agree with the other people who have posted in this thread. Supersleeper has 'filled the gap' between the sleep doctor and the patients like us who use this technology. I don't understand why some sleep doctors don't want patients to 'adjust' our machines. I guess they think we're all not very bright. I am grateful for Supersleeper and this site that provide support and information. I wish there was a "like" button because so many people have posted valuable information.

Absolutely. There's a huge gap between the doc's diagnosis and the DME's "here's your machine, have a nice life".

Actually getting this stuff to work right isn't handled by anybody you would expect to.

Why is it that the 'patient' is the "last" one to know - anything about their machine? The DME's make a lot of money because of us patients, but nobody wants to make us into informed patients. Thank God for Supersleeper Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
*cheers* Supersleeper! Thank you for all you do!
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Attention Advisory Members - Vote Now Sleeprider 1 287 02-27-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Why is oxen saturation given more attention than sleep disturbances? NoddingHacker 9 870 07-13-2021, 02:52 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Attention AirSense 10 Users - Testing Questions archangle 43 15,442 06-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Last Post: under pressure

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.