Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Percentages in Stats
Percentages in Stats
I have not been able to find it in the help guide.  What do the percentages mean under the statistics.  For example last night under leak I posted Min = 0, Med = 7.20, 95% = 15.6 and  99.5% = 27.6. I am guessing the Med = average?   
The MyAir App showed 13 L/Min which doesn't match the Med=7.2.  TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Percentages in Stats
Welcome to the forum.
Med does not equal average.
Med is the middle value of all values recorded with an equal number of samples above and below it.
Average is the sum of all samples divided by the !umber of samples

Percentage values are the value that xx% of samples are at or below that value.

Max is not used and a very high percentage is used instead to suppress posting totally unrealistic values that likely are an electronic spike. I believe you can change this in preferences.
Post Reply Post Reply
Med is short for Median, which means there are as many values above this value as below. It is the same as the 50th percentile value. This is different from the average, which is the sum of all values divided by the number of values.

The other items - 95% and 99.5% are percentiles, for which there is no convenient symbol. They mean that out of the total collection of values, 95 % (or 99.5 %) fall below the given value.

I don't know if that is any clearer than the Wikimedia article on percentiles... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense to me.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 428 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 390 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,209 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 449 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,695 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 416 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,578 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.