Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

RE: Perception vs reality
(01-29-2015 05:29 PM)TheManseHen Wrote:  
(01-25-2015 05:22 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  Ok, I admit to downloading my info everyday and looking at Sleeyhead and Encore to compare the numbers. Last night was one not one of my better nights. It took me over 2 hours to finally fall asleep after fighting with masks leaks, only to wake up every couple hours. I woke up at 6:00am and felt really tired, so deceided to stay in bed another hour with mask on of course! I figured that my AHI was going to be high anyway, so slept on my back in defiance. Crazy
Well after getting up and feeling a little better, I quicky looked over my numbers on sleepyhead. AHI was .4 the lowest ever, leak rates a little higher. No RERAs, no centrals, only hypopaneas. Maybe I should sleep on my back more often...just kidding!
I assume that I will probably stop checking my numbers as much when I feel I am no longer new at this.

OpalRose, I know this is an oldish post and you may not see this reply, but I have had one thought as I too check my numbers first thing every a.m to see how they do or do not correlate with my feeling and also to see if I can determine what worked and didn't...

That thought is, I think checking once a day, and especially after a bad night, for me at least, makes me feel less bad about the "bad", I'm gonna learn something from this sucker and it won't have been a bad night in vain. I don't necessarily even learn anything or come to any great conclusions, but it makes me feel like it has a purpose. And then I put the card back in my machine and happily go on my way.

Agreed, it makes me feel better too. Dancing

01-30-2015 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
big_dave Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

Sex: Male

RE: Perception vs reality
I don't download my data much anymore. I started out downloading it daily while I was adjusting to CPAP and getting my settings dialed in. After a while it turned into just another chore that served no purpose. Still, I like knowing that I can download it if I need to.
01-31-2015 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  After 11 Months Need a Reality Check AndyB 6 622 05-26-2016 11:15 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Perception of Pressure: at night vs in the morning hippipdip 15 5,348 04-12-2012 06:06 PM
Last Post: Sleepster