Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Performance of my Resmed Airsense A-10 Autoset
Performance of my Resmed Airsense A-10 Autoset
Hi Friends,

After purchase of new A10 Autoset last month on the advice of forum members, I did not post about the performance since I was facing teething problems which since appear to be overcome and hence this new post dealing with the performance.

During the interim I also changed my mask to N20 which also now appears to be working fine.

I post a couple of overview charts alongwith a chart of usage statistics.

I would request members to please give their comments on the performance of the machine and if some change is required . Thx.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Performance of my Resmed Airsense A-10 Autoset
Your doing great on the Resmed machine your AHI is less than 2 our target, often much less, at this point I do not see any reason to recommend any changes to the settings. How do you feel are you sleeping well ?

I do see your leaks are quite high, are you breathing through your mouth ? A daily chart will give us a better understanding on that
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I do have to breathe thru the mouth immediately after lying down and putting on the mask since then I find some obstruction in the nose making it difficult to breathe . However after adjusting facial position/mask as also giving some initial breathing support thru mouth I find the normal nose breathing continuing.

I also note that the initial part of my sleep is getting disturbed 4-5 times for going to the bathroom. I continue to suffer from slight morning headaches and do not feel as fresh as one should.

Pl indicate the date for which the leak chart is required. Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2019, 02:29 AM)galuta Wrote: I also note that the initial part of my sleep is getting disturbed 4-5 times for going to the bathroom. I continue to suffer from slight morning headaches and do not feel as fresh as one should.

Pl indicate the date for which the leak chart is required. Thx.

Hi galuta,
Your AHI reading is very good, but as you now know, a low reading doesn’t always reflect how we feel. Sad

A lot of men suffer with having to use the bathroom frequently.  Watch you fluid intake close to bedtime, and if this doesn’t settle down for you, you might want to see a urologist.  

Also, be sure your High Blood Pressure is under control.  If your readings are too high, that could be one reason for morning headaches.  Hopefully, the headaches will lessen for you.

If you would post a couple charts of the daily page from OSCAR, as jaswilliams suggests, we could have a clearer look at your graphs.  Follow the link below for organizing a chart.

Include the left sidebar, and eliminate the calendar and pie chart.  The graphs to include:  Events,
Flow rate, pressure, leak rate and snores.

Post 2 or 3 recent charts from different days.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI looks very good, but seeing a daily Details chart would be much more helpful. Regarding the stuffed nose I have been dealing with persistent nasal congestion this summer and would often have to exhale orally to move enough air. I recently started using generic Flonase, and the congestion has completely resolved. I'm sleeping much better and am more comfortable. If your congestion might be related to allergy, this may be a solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1. Yes, blood pressure of course could be one of the causes for the headache and for which purpose I continue to be on medication. Hopefully this would be sorted out in near future. Here I am only trying to eliminate the possibility of OSA being a possible cause.

2. I was earlier under treatment for nasal congestion which persisted for quite some time a couple of years back. Now it seems to be back though in a much milder form. If it persists then I shall of course have to take medication.

3. I enclose some Daily Charts as adviced.

I thank the members for their concern and prompt replies.

Post Reply Post Reply
galuta,
Scroll down to the bottom of daily page, under the last graph, to the left.  Click on the drop down box and be sure all the flags are on.  They should be green, not red.

I’m looking for the Obstructive flag, as I don’t see it showing up on the event graph.(See red arrow)

You may need a little higher pressure to help with Obstructives, and if you can do without, I would turn the ramp off.

[attachment=15512]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OA flag switched on and related graphs are as below.  Graphs have been posted for additional dates also.

I wish to point out that in the beginning of the month I was having serious mask issues which, however, are now sorted out ( I am pointing this out in case the mask has any effect on the obstructives).

Shall be glad of help now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think your minimum pressure needs to be at least 9.0 cm. I base this on the fact you consistently reach 11-12 on your 95% pressure (IPAP). With EPR full time at 3 this would make your starting pressure 9/6 which is completely reasonable, and should help you to kick some of the flow limitations out. The other alternative is bilevel with a higher pressure support. Your therapy "looks" good but you have very persistent flow limits that are the driver of your pressure. Rather than wait for the flow limits to raise your pressure, you just need to start higher. If you had a bilevel machine I could see you with a pressure support of 4 or 5, but would still want to see a minimum EPAP pressure of 8.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just purchased my A10 Autoset after discussing in the forum and would therefore like to continue with it.

Pl do confirm whether to change the min pressure settings to 9. EPR and Ramp etc to continue unchanged.

Any other suggestions pl.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,709 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 834 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,579 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.