Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New BiPap User - Stats
New BiPap User - Stats
Ok, so after a month of being passed around from medical supply to medical supply, I finally picked up my BiPap yesterday and eagerly went to sleep last night. I was expecting miracles and maybe it happened, idk. I yawned a ton this morning, but I didn't fall asleep at work. So, at least no damage was done. I downloaded the SleepyHead program and brought up my stats. I assume all looks good. I tried to wade through the data info on here, but it is vast. From what I can tell last night went well. At least I slept with it on all night

I have a Philips Respironics RemStar BiPap with Auto (760P). I used a nose mask that didn't seem to give me any trouble. Here are the numbers... Tell me if this is good for a first night.
[attachment=1021]
[attachment=1022]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New BiPap User - Stats
(09-05-2014, 05:17 PM)LJones Wrote: From what I can tell last night went well. At least I slept with it on all night
Fantastic 1st night, go and treat yourself to something nice
Congrats

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 05:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 05:17 PM)LJones Wrote: From what I can tell last night went well. At least I slept with it on all night
Fantastic 1st night, go and treat yourself to something nice
Congrats

I'll do that!!! I was concerned about the leak rate. They sent me home with a small-medium mask. I found it hard to breathe with it, so I changed it to the large. It almost seemed too easy to breathe with. So, I was worried it was leaking. Before the BiPap I was having, I think they said, over 160 episodes per hour. It must have helped!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LJones,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 05:30 PM)LJones Wrote: I was concerned about the leak rate.
% of time above above leak threshold ... 0.69%
Hours of sleep ... 7.16 hours

If my math is correct, that means you spent about 3 minutes above what the machine consider acceptable leak threshold

I would not worry about it, Chinstrap can helps keep mouth closed and minimize mouth leaks
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know much yet, but it looks good to me. It's what I'm trying to get to . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Those numbers look good LJ. What you want to do is just see how it goes for a few days, then you can think about any pressure adjustments to bring the ahi a little lower if need be.

I'm seeing your pressure at 4/9 which would be uncomfortably low for me. But run with it for awhile and see how you feel.

Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 634 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 348 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,152 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.