Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you let your pets share your bedroom?
This poll is closed.
No pets
13.25%
11 13.25%
Pets not allowed to share bedroom
9.64%
8 9.64%
One cat in bedroom
12.05%
10 12.05%
More than one cat in bedroom
14.46%
12 14.46%
One dog in bedroom
20.48%
17 20.48%
More than one dog in bedroom
25.30%
21 25.30%
Other (please specify)
4.82%
4 4.82%
Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pets in the bedroom?
RE: Pets in the bedroom?
(02-08-2014, 10:39 PM)retired_guy Wrote: The blasted cats grudgingly allow us to share their bedroom.

My house could burn to the ground and you would find cat hair in the ashes.
I've got plenty of filters. You have to be a pet lover to understand.
Post Reply Post Reply
The dog (Yellow Lab) stays off the bed until we show signs of waking. he than jumps up for his morning snuggle.
One of the cats likes to snuggle at night, while the other cat stays off the bed.

I just change my air filters more often with the floating hair in the room.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I no longer have a dog as she went to the Rainbow Bridge. However when we did have her, she was scared of the noise from my cpap machine - so we made her a bed in the dining room next to the heat register. She was a 5 lb Chihuahua and was always looking for a warm place to snuggle. IF I could convince the 'other' occupant of the bedroom (my hubbie) to let me have a dog again - I would like having a little dog to snuggle also.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Yorkie was, for a while there, fascinated with the jet of air coming out of my mask. She would try to lick it. If I hid under the covers she would try to dig her way in there to join me.

Now she seems used to it, and actually prefers to not be near it. Often she'll be sleeping in bed with my wife, and then when I come to bed she'll jump off and head for the living room.

She's weird.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have three cats: Amanda sleeps on the hassock, Baron sleeps on the chaise lounge, and the Greystoke insists on sleeping on top of the covers between my legs! If I attempt to go to sleep on my side, Greystoke will pad on me until I roll onto my back and he can get comfortable. Oh-jeez

Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have two cats and a dog. They are allowed in the bedroom but not on the bed. They have their own separate beds. They all used to sleep in the bed with me before CPAP, but now with CPAP I make them stay off the bed because I get too many hairs on the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our two kids (cats) sleep wherever they please. They start out on the bed (usually on my wife) and then eventually move to their beds on the hope chest at the end of the bed. They migrate to one of the two cat trees, the back of the couch, under the coffee table, their bed in the front room, wherever they want. Usually the Siamese will wake us up with the song of his people early in the morning if the food bowl is empty.

In our house, cat hair is a condiment and I finally figured out why my DME sends me 12 filters a month - I end up using most of them and washing the foam one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Beagle and she sleeps usually snuggled up with me like a teddy bear. If I'm on my side she spoons me. If I'm on my back she sleeps in the crook of my arm. I will have to kick her out of bed with the cpap I think, which should be OK because she has her own bed in our room. I won't have the heart to kick her out of the bedroom though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2014, 09:28 PM)Thefabulousmrsk Wrote: I have Beagle and she sleeps usually snuggled up with me like a teddy bear. If I'm on my side she spoons me. If I'm on my back she sleeps in the crook of my arm. I will have to kick her out of bed with the cpap I think, which should be OK because she has her own bed in our room. I won't have the heart to kick her out of the bedroom though.

we have 3 dogs that sleep in our bed. One is a beagle, one is a schnauzer that his hair is allowed to grow during the cold months and one is a long hair mixed breed. We don't have any trouble with them in the bed with my vpap. if you have a younger dog, you may have to watch it for thinking your mask is a toy. none of our dogs have ever bothered my mask and the youngest has just turned 4. They seem to know that none of that is a toy and they leave it alone (my hose is at least 7 ft with the part that comes with the wisp mask).
Post Reply Post Reply
Living on an acreage, we sleep much better with three 90lb dogs roaming the house. They are not allowed on the bed but are allowed everywhere in the house.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP and Significant Other that Cleans the Bedroom StratCat48 0 279 09-03-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Associated Press "New ways to conquer sleep apnea compete for place in bedroom" 2SleepBetta 0 1,537 07-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  xPAP in Summer - air conditioned bedroom more important? green wings 16 3,543 04-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: AshSF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.