Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you let your pets share your bedroom?
This poll is closed.
No pets
13.25%
11 13.25%
Pets not allowed to share bedroom
9.64%
8 9.64%
One cat in bedroom
12.05%
10 12.05%
More than one cat in bedroom
14.46%
12 14.46%
One dog in bedroom
20.48%
17 20.48%
More than one dog in bedroom
25.30%
21 25.30%
Other (please specify)
4.82%
4 4.82%
Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pets in the bedroom?
RE: Pets in the bedroom?
I had two cats for a while, now down to one. So far it has worked out pretty well. Kitty sleeps on top of the cover and helps keep me warm in the winter.

I only have to yell at her if she bites my CPAP hose.
(usually that means GET UP I'M HUNGRY NOW!)

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2014, 08:51 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I'm amazed by the number of people who allow their pets to share their bedroom, even their bed. Our dog (3yo cocker spaniel) has his own bed in a nook off the laundry. It's very snug and secure and he uses it quite happily. We have never let cats or dogs share our bedroom.
I'm with you Paul, no pets in the bedroom. Just something I was brought up with.
I could imagine they would be very comforting though.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want any animals in the house, much less the bedroom.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2014, 06:06 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: I don't want any animals in the house, much less the bedroom.

Lol!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have a good friend that has a guide dog and she comes over to spend the night once in a while and I don't mind her bringing her guide dog because she has to hav him and he is a very good dog and she does a GREAT job taking care of him. But I had another friend bring their dog down and while we were gone, she chewed through the phone wire, so we had to put a stop to that, just bringing run of the mill pets down.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Two of the dogs get on the bed but only down by our feet. One of the dogs sleeps in my spot until I come to bed then he moves. The third dog is relatively new to us and while she will hop up there, she never stays. She is, however, just tall enough to stick her cold nose right into my ear every morning. The CPAP mask really freaked her out the first week or so.

The cats sleep wherever the heck they want to. They can sleep on my as long as it is sleep. They are not allowed to sit on me and clean.

I keep my CPAP fairly high up, it's about level with my head. With the old S7, one of the cats figured out how to turn it off. That's how he would get me up in the morning to feed him. What it got him though was booted out the front door. One of our current cats has figured out how to turn the S9 off but I threatened to turn him into slippers. He's not done it since. Since I wake up so quickly and frantic when the S9 gets turned off, I'm not happy when I find him sitting on top of it.

Mike, the dog I am training to be my Service Dog, used to love to chew the mask hose. I quickly figured out to put it away each morning. But the worst was when he did it when I was up north visiting family. Luckily I had a brand new one at home and had it overnight-ed to me.

One cat, in the beginning of this fun, used to swat at the mask but discovered that resulted in getting put outside. Joella once pawed my face to get the mask out of the way so she could lick me awake. Duh, the paw to the face did the trick.

Really, other than that, the pets are not an issue with my CPAP. As for bed space and the like, I don't wrap myself around them or anything like that. They in my way, they get moved and they know it. They be obnoxious or make noise, they know they get booted out. My other half, however, will sleep twisted like a pretzel because "he looked so cute, I didn't want to make him move!".
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2014, 11:42 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Two of the dogs get on the bed but only down by our feet. One of the dogs sleeps in my spot until I come to bed then he moves. The third dog is relatively new to us and while she will hop up there, she never stays. She is, however, just tall enough to stick her cold nose right into my ear every morning. The CPAP mask really freaked her out the first week or so.

The cats sleep wherever the heck they want to. They can sleep on my as long as it is sleep. They are not allowed to sit on me and clean.

I keep my CPAP fairly high up, it's about level with my head. With the old S7, one of the cats figured out how to turn it off. That's how he would get me up in the morning to feed him. What it got him though was booted out the front door. One of our current cats has figured out how to turn the S9 off but I threatened to turn him into slippers. He's not done it since. Since I wake up so quickly and frantic when the S9 gets turned off, I'm not happy when I find him sitting on top of it.

Mike, the dog I am training to be my Service Dog, used to love to chew the mask hose. I quickly figured out to put it away each morning. But the worst was when he did it when I was up north visiting family. Luckily I had a brand new one at home and had it overnight-ed to me.

One cat, in the beginning of this fun, used to swat at the mask but discovered that resulted in getting put outside. Joella once pawed my face to get the mask out of the way so she could lick me awake. Duh, the paw to the face did the trick.

Really, other than that, the pets are not an issue with my CPAP. As for bed space and the like, I don't wrap myself around them or anything like that. They in my way, they get moved and they know it. They be obnoxious or make noise, they know they get booted out. My other half, however, will sleep twisted like a pretzel because "he looked so cute, I didn't want to make him move!".

It'd great to see that other people share their whole "Home" with their pets. We treat our 2 cats and yellow Lab as members of the Family. Great companions, especially when I'm on the "Outs" with the wife! lol
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2014, 10:12 PM)me50 Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 09:28 PM)Thefabulousmrsk Wrote: I have Beagle and she sleeps usually snuggled up with me like a teddy bear. If I'm on my side she spoons me. If I'm on my back she sleeps in the crook of my arm. I will have to kick her out of bed with the cpap I think, which should be OK because she has her own bed in our room. I won't have the heart to kick her out of the bedroom though.

we have 3 dogs that sleep in our bed. One is a beagle, one is a schnauzer that his hair is allowed to grow during the cold months and one is a long hair mixed breed. We don't have any trouble with them in the bed with my vpap. if you have a younger dog, you may have to watch it for thinking your mask is a toy. none of our dogs have ever bothered my mask and the youngest has just turned 4. They seem to know that none of that is a toy and they leave it alone (my hose is at least 7 ft with the part that comes with the wisp mask).

Yeah I haven't kicked her out yet. She's like my living teddy bear, I'm so used to sleeping with her it's strange not to. She's 10 and not interested in the mask or cpap at all. Though she is scared of face facts Lol!
Post Reply Post Reply
We own one cat. Pre-CPAP he was allowed in the bedroom and usually, but not always slept on the bed with hubby and I. Cat was banned from the bedroom when he stepped on the ON/OFF button one too many times turning the machine OFF while I was still dozing in the morning. The machine going OFF unexpectedly startles me greatly and I just could not take it any more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2014, 09:46 PM)justMongo Wrote: Does my Pseudonaja textilis count?

I trust that Mongo's creature is merely a joke

Eastern brown snake

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eastern brown snake, Tamban Forest near Kempsey, New South Wales

Scientific classification

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Reptilia
Order: Squamata
Suborder: Serpentes
Family: Elapidae
Genus: Pseudonaja
Species: P. textilis

Binomial name

Pseudonaja textilis
(Duméril, Bibron & Duméril, 1854)

The eastern brown snake (Pseudonaja textilis), often referred to as the common brown snake, is a species of genus Pseudonaja. This snake is considered the world's second most venomous land snake based on its LD50 value (SC) in mice.[1][2] It is native to Australia, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia.[3]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP and Significant Other that Cleans the Bedroom StratCat48 0 279 09-03-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Associated Press "New ways to conquer sleep apnea compete for place in bedroom" 2SleepBetta 0 1,537 07-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  xPAP in Summer - air conditioned bedroom more important? green wings 16 3,543 04-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: AshSF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.