Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you let your pets share your bedroom?
This poll is closed.
No pets
13.25%
11 13.25%
Pets not allowed to share bedroom
9.64%
8 9.64%
One cat in bedroom
12.05%
10 12.05%
More than one cat in bedroom
14.46%
12 14.46%
One dog in bedroom
20.48%
17 20.48%
More than one dog in bedroom
25.30%
21 25.30%
Other (please specify)
4.82%
4 4.82%
Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pets in the bedroom?
RE: Pets in the bedroom?
We have 3 dogs in our house - 2 of our own, plus 1 foster dog, all of which were rescues. We have fostered a large number of rescue dogs over the last dozen years or so, many with some health issues. We both wanted the dogs to be close by at night so we would hear if someone was having some problem. Some of the rescue dogs have had psychological issues as well - fear, separation anxiety, etc, and sleeping close to a human is often beneficial. In fact, my wife will refuse an adoption if the adopter does not plan for the dog to sleep in the same room as the humans, crated or otherwise.

And yes, the hardest part of this work is letting them go.
Post Reply Post Reply
kitties rule in my home... i am just the 'lowly human' Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I do adoption interviews for So Cal Siamese Rescue. The last question I ask (as part of the interview) is "Where will the cat(s) sleep?" There is no correct answer according to the interview, but we all know it is wherever they want.

Post Reply Post Reply
Rainbow 
Two little poodles keep us company
Post Reply Post Reply
Three Chihuahuas share the bed with the wife and I, we wouldn't have it any other way.
Post Reply Post Reply
My dog has run of the house, she has her own corner of my bed where she crashes, even though we spent 50 dollars on a dog bed.....lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone else recall the old band, Three Dog Night?? Supposedly derived the name from legend that Australian indigenous people gauged nighttime temperatures by the number of dogs required in bedding to stay warm. And a three dog night was a rather cold night.

I am an indigenous Appalachian highlander, and though I am quite fond of dogs and cats I never wanted them around my bed. I still laugh about a long-ago camping expedition when I was awakened by my shaggy mutt dog coming up to my sleeping bag and licking my face. I dreamed that a bear was attacking me!!

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
shaggy mutt dog coming up to my sleeping bag and licking my face. I dreamed that a bear was attacking me!!

Hay Duke. You gonna be a the Fancy Farms picnic on Aug 2? Think it's still the largest picnic in the US. You could bring your bear to add to the 8000 lbs of pork and mutton. Laugh-a-lot guess to keep this on topic, had a zero AHI night last night and hope to have another tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
JWR,

Was that AHI with pets in the bedroom???

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2014, 09:59 PM)Airstream Wrote: Our bed is high and our two Yorkies have there own wood and carpeted stairs to go up an down as they please. Woof.

First off, Love your photo AND your signature line!

Our cat will sometimes come up on the bed in the morning to let us know - FEED ME! She seems to be doing it more since I started CPAP therapy - probably because my PLMD (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder) is less.

I grew up with a dog (Gordon Setter) so I understand. Though these days my hubby and I are owned by a cat, Vanya.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP and Significant Other that Cleans the Bedroom StratCat48 0 279 09-03-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Associated Press "New ways to conquer sleep apnea compete for place in bedroom" 2SleepBetta 0 1,537 07-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  xPAP in Summer - air conditioned bedroom more important? green wings 16 3,543 04-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: AshSF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.