Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Bipap AutoSV advanced settings
Philips Bipap AutoSV advanced settings
I have recently been given a philips Bipap AutoSV Advanced machine to use because I was diagnosed with central sleep apnea.

I have no idea if therapy is helping me at all (it doesn't appear to be) and would like some control.

In the past I have used a CPAP machine and it told me what my AHI was, if there was any periodic breathing and if there was any large leaks. My new machine doesn't have any of these settings because they haven't been applied.
Can anyone explain how I can apply these settings and also how I can keep track of my own therapy?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Bipap AutoSV advanced settings
G'day Tracey. Welcome to Apnea Board.

First thing to do is get hold of the clinician manual, which will give you all the available menu settings. Go to the link CPAP Setup Manuals at the top of this page. Read the instructions very carefully to make sure you get the right manual for your machine.

To track your therapy you can't go past #SleepyHead software. Download and install this, and it will give you all the data you'll ever need (and then some).

I used that machine for a short time (some years ago) and found I didn't like it much, but then the settings were never optimised for me. You now have the ability to fine tune your settings to maximise both efficacy and comfort. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi traceyjordan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, and I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy, and also with getting it optimized to work best for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Tracey, there have been many generations of the PR BiPAP Auto SV Advanced. It would help to know which one is yours. The model number is probably next to the letters REF, and will be something like DS960HS or DSX900T11. With either of those machines, the clinician menu is access by pushing the control knob and ramp button at the same time, then scrolling to setup and pushing the knob. You can then scroll through and record the settings. Need to know those to help, including: Mode, EPAP min, EPAP max, PS min PS max and IPAP max.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,220 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,934 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 127 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,815 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 487 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.