Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stuck in previous pressure settings.
Stuck in previous pressure settings.
My SD card was moved from an AirSense 10 to an AirSense 11.  All went fine, new AirSense 11 was recognized and loaded data to OSCAR 1.4 okay.  The AirSense 11 was exchanged for a new AirSense 10.  Same SD card was placed into new AirSense 10.  I can get an OSCAR report from the SD card to my Mac M2. The report remains as if it came from the AirSense 11 and it shows incorrect old pressure settings.

Is there a procedure to get the new AirSense 10 to stamp the correct information to the SD Card or should I get a new SD card?
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stuck in previous pressure settings.
Short version: Reformat your SD card.

Long version: When Resmed released the AS11, they changed some of the file types, designated by the file extension name. It has been standard practice to reformat the SD card when using it in a different machine. However, so many users were not doing this, the OSCAR team implemented code that will look for both file extensions. If it finds the newer ".json" it will use it over the previous file type. This causes a problem when going back to an A10 from an AS11 because the newer file is still on the card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  New SD card it is.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI. If you reformat the old SD card (FAT32) it should be fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2023, 07:47 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Short version:  Reformat your SD card.  

Long version:  When Resmed released the AS11, they changed some of the file types, designated by the file extension name.   It has been standard practice to reformat the SD card when using it in a different machine.  However, so many users were not doing this, the OSCAR team implemented code that will look for both file extensions.  If it finds the newer ".json" it will use it over the previous file type.  This causes a problem when going back to an A10 from an AS11 because the newer file is still on the card.  

- Red

Short version failed Nape.  New SD card also has old info from Airsense 11.  Any other suggestion to get my SD card and OSCAR to indicate current pressure settings and machine type?
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a new formatted card.  The inaccurate old data loaded to it.  Is there another way to get the SD card to send OSCAR the proper type of machine and pressure settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's because the summary data is stored in the CPAP for a year. You will need to reformat the SD card, and prior to inserting it in the CPAP, do a factory reset of the CPAP. Of course after the reset, you will need to re-enter all the settings.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2023, 04:26 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That's because the summary data is stored in the CPAP for a year.  You will need to reformat the SD card, and prior to inserting it in the CPAP, do a factory reset of the CPAP.  Of course after the reset, you will need to re-enter all the settings.

- Red

Please give instructions for Factory Reset of Airsense 10.  Erasing data from clinical menu does not do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It should be in the clinician menu under, Configuration > Erase Data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
"Of course after the reset, you will need to re-enter all the settings."

I did the erase, settings remain intact.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR stuck on opening kenhh 2 593 10-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  "Mode and pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." manders513 5 755 08-06-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: manders513
  O2Ring "lost time" 4.5 hours, 2 weeks since previous lost time DavidEsp 5 679 04-28-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 852 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 752 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar 1.3 "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." DrNefario 8 1,364 11-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResScan 5.9.0.9629 Report Date Stuck Fran 2 784 10-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Fran

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.