Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Check in
RE: New User Check in
The clusters of H and OA indicate you may need to use a soft cervical collar to eliminate positional apnea. See the link below. Also you may need to increase your min pressure to 8. Note that after almost every break when the machine stars again the pressure immediately increases.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2021, 04:08 PM)Melman Wrote: The clusters of H and OA indicate you may need to use a soft cervical collar to eliminate positional apnea. See the link below. Also you may need to increase your min pressure to 8. Note that after almost every break when the machine stars again the pressure immediately increases.

I do use one called The Eliminator Series Sleep Aid Cushion but it seems like I may need something more robust or larger. I'll see about raising the minimum pressure. I know how to access the clinical menu but will my doctor complain if I raise it before asking?
Post Reply Post Reply
Got a new chart to share. Picked up a Futuro Sleep Collar left it on pretty loose and slept on my left side.  Changed my ResMed min pressure to 8. Despite the leaks got my OA down to 1 event. 

This seems fairly promising!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a rough week, initially after having a few good days seems like I'm having a string of really bad days. Can't even get to fall asleep without heartburn, nose itching, excessive tossing and turning. End up falling asleep without the CPAP sometimes because its just so exhausting.

Nothing seems to have changed on my end. So it's very frustrating. The weather has gotten a bit colder so could be something with the humidity. I do take care to wash my face before falling asleep and wipe down the mask with scent free baby wipes. Here's to better days!
Post Reply Post Reply
Need some feedback on a recent switch from the full face mask to the nose pillow. I was having a tough time with the full face mask, itching, leaks and discomfort and went to silicone pillows from Phillips. Realized that I had to revert my Pressure Min/Max back to 6-12 EPR 2 from 8-13 EPR 3.  It seems like with the pillows I require less pressure and my average /peak is much lower.  Any feedback on the switch? Is this normal?

Post Reply Post Reply
It is normal. A FFM provides equal pressure on the inside and the outside of the nose. A nasal pillow allows the pressure to be greater on the inside of the nose, thus acting as a splint. If this is the area that is causing a flow restriction, then less pressure is needed to overcome the problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 159 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 137 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 203 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,744 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,046 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 422 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using a CPAP to check sleep apnea Pierrec83 2 422 09-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: jwest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.