Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apneas into hiponeas and pressure pulse
RE: Apneas into hiponeas and pressure pulse
(08-19-2014, 11:28 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 11:10 AM)justMongo Wrote: Ah, yes, daybreak in the Willamette Valley brings out der Rentner.

What? Where???? I didn't see anything....... Do they bite?

It means "the retired person man." the article der makes the gender masculine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 10:45 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 09:50 AM)Ghandi Wrote: I think having an oxymeter is going to be necessary.

I picked up a CMS50F oximeter. I only wear it occasionally.
Price is reasonable; and it gives reassurance that one is not badly desating.

This is exactly the model i'm thinking about buying.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 10:54 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 08:43 AM)Ghandi Wrote: That's a really good news. I'd trade an apnea for an hypopnea anytime Smile

(08-19-2014, 10:00 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: I have found that I still can't install my mask any softer since it will wake me up when the machine bumps the pressure up to the 17 + range in the middle of the night.

I pretty much agree Ghandi, however two things remain true for you:
First, you need to get that pressure up to eliminate the possibility of those long drawn out OA's you get. But it's great to hear you had a good night last night. So whatever you did, do it again.

Secondly, once the OA's and CA's are taken care of further elimination of the Hypops is useful for better sleep.

Surfie, I think if you will squeeze the range between your min pressure and your max pressure you'll get over that goofy leak situation. Then maybe you'll be able to loosen your mask a little bit and return to that suave, sophisticated looking guy you once were. ............Nah, probably not gonna happen.

I slept with the backpack again Smile. However it's starting to make my back hurt. I,ll probably have to fin a way to get the head of the bed propped up too. But i'm not sure i can sustain the backpack anymore.

About the pressure, i'm in process of building a strong case to convince my pneumologist to increase the pressure. Also i have to present to him some of the periodic breathing events.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 11:50 AM)Ghandi Wrote: About the pressure, i'm in process of building a strong case to convince my pneumologist to increase the pressure. Also i have to present to him some of the periodic breathing events.

Ok, here's the technical details of how to construct that strong case.....

When the doc comes into the room, say "Hi Doc, I think I would like to increase my pressure just a little to see if it will help reduce my events, ok? Thanks Doc, what a guy........"

Sometimes we way over think a problem. The Doc wants your events gone, or as gone as possible. If you think a small pressure increase will help, he will likely be very happy to oblige.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
(08-19-2014, 12:00 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 11:50 AM)Ghandi Wrote: About the pressure, i'm in process of building a strong case to convince my pneumologist to increase the pressure. Also i have to present to him some of the periodic breathing events.

Ok, here's the technical details of how to construct that strong case.....

When the doc comes into the room, say "Hi Doc, I think I would like to increase my pressure just a little to see if it will help reduce my events, ok? Thanks Doc, what a guy........"

Sometimes we way over think a problem. The Doc wants your events gone, or as gone as possible. If you think a small pressure increase will help, he will likely be very happy to oblige.

You know, there is nothing like the wisdom of a retired_guy. I'll grow a pair.

I took an apointment with the doc. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,476 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,569 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Added an O2/Pulse meter to my therapy: Phaleronic 21 665 04-04-2024, 11:21 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,061 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 1,007 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 388 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,538 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.