Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips DreamStation heated tube
Hello Everyone.
I've only just joined today and it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to post...guess I'm more sleep deprived than I thought!!
I have the Philips DreamStation with the humidifier and heated tube. Have had it about 3 weeks. Am now on my third mask ( AirFit F10 ) that seems to work better for me. But the real problem is the heating tube. It works for a period od time then seems to go off and I'm awakened with cold air blowing in my nose. It wakes me up!. Had the therapist out yesterday and he replaced the humidifier. Was very excited to finally get a good night's sleep....did not happen! One and a half hours into sleep was awaken with the cold air problem again! Is this just the nature of the beast?
Cam anyone sine some light on this problem???
Denny T
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! I have not noticed this. Is it set to Auto (or is it Adaptive) humidity? This will vary the humidity according to the level in your room. I keep mine set at a fixed level (from 1 - 5). That might work better for you. Otherwise, it might be the DreamStation part, not the humidifier part that is defective.

See the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top to get a copy of the clinicians (aka Setup) manual for your machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the speedy reply! I'm awaiting a return phone call from the rep.....not too happy with them either as they are very slow to respond. But it's a new year so maybe things will begin to look up!
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Denny T,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation BiPAP Auto SV C0mbe 0 16 2 hours ago
Last Post: C0mbe
  Dreamstation vs ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet, I got to try both here's my thoughts Moonlight Graham 5 158 6 hours ago
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 36 6,054 02-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 15 7,912 02-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Russatrice
  My new Dreamstation E.W. 3 167 02-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 6 366 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Does dreamstation need a provider for dreamapper data to sync? Axxel6307 5 357 02-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Jimsp1