Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Dreamstation 1 how many wAH?
Smile 
Philips Dreamstation 1 how many wAH?
Hi, can someone tell me the current draw in watts what the Dreamstation 1 is please.  I'm looking for a suitable battery generator for camping. Cheers Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamstation 1 how many wAH?
I believe it's 80W. Check the power brick.

If you're not using an inverter but rather hoping to run it on DC, you'd check Philips' DC adapter.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was hoping to use a Jackery 300 battery generator which is 300 Watt Hours so divided by 80 it won't make 4 hours.  Does using an inverter drop the wattage?  I do have an inverter that would easily plug into the Jackery.  Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Might be a bit different, I just checked my Dreamstation 2 with the humidifier and heated tube off with a 'P3 P4400 Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor'. The starting pressure was 7.0 with mask open ended.  At 120vac it pulled 30 watts through the power adapter.
I tried it with the humidifier and heated tube both set to 5 and when the DS2 was turned on it went up to about 75 watts and then settled back to 48 watts. Not sure how the heaters are controlled and may go up in watts as called for.

Your question prompted me to do this as I had been meaning to check this for a while to see if the 'ALTIZURE Portable Power Station Portable Generator 300w' I have could be used through the night if needed.

On Amazon enter cpap or dreamstation as your question for the Jackery 300. Good number of Dreamstation users responded positively.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome info, thanks for taking the time to publish your results also.  Next year I am due for a new CPAP on my health plan and will most likely get the Airmini for such get aways and keep the DS for home.  Cheers Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, an inverter will lose some efficiency.

Also, you can reduce the wattage by turning off the humidifier and heated tubing. 80W is the max.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my old DreamStation I used a 35Ah deep draw battery and put water in the chamber, but did not use any heat.  I could run for 5-6 nights this way with out recharging the battery.  I haven't tried it on the DreamStation 2 yet, but I would imagine it would be about the same.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,810 11 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,976 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,120 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 233 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.