Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Dreamstation 2 Humidty vs Airsense 11
Philips Dreamstation 2 Humidty vs Airsense 11
Hello, I had a Philips Dreamstation 1 and it was horrible.  The humidifier was empty every night after 5-6 hours and it wakes me up.  Imagine the irony.  I have a device that is supposed to help me sleep, but it wakes me up after 5 hours.  I tried a heated hose, I tried humidifiers in the room and nothing worked, and it was loud.  

So I upgraded to a Dreamstation 2 because of the recall and guess what?  Exact same problems.  Humidifier empty after 5-6 hours and loud.  I have had it.

My provider can provide me a Resmed Airsense 10 or 11.  My question...how are these units on humidity and are they quiet?  Preferrably compared to a Dreamstation 2, but not necessary.

Any comments appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamstation 2 Humidty vs Airsense 11
Hi rb9999!  -  Welcome
I wouldn't hold my breath that the Resmed will provide you much more tank time.   Your description suggests that your ambient room humidity is very low.  A CPAP humidifier makes up the difference between the ambient humidity and your desired level.  Regardless of the CPAP brand, a room humidifier can be used to augment the humidity level required for your CPAP, thus reducing the dependency on supplying all your needs.  You will need to run it 24/7 while the humidity is low.  Basically, all materials that can absorb moisture (water) need to be normalized for you to obtain the maximum result.  This can include bedding, carpet, curtains, clothing, towels, and even lamp shades.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DS2 user here. Ambient room humidity about 40%, no added humidity to the room. DS2 humidifier set at 3 which is comfortable for me, up to 4 occasionally. A fill of the tank will last through the night (7-8 hrs) with some left. My DS1 was similar. I also have a Resmed AS10 which has similar usage of water and will have some left in the tank in the morning. Full face mask, AHI's 1.0 or less typically, and no mask leaks.
I don't find the DS2 particularly noisy and it sets on a nightstand next to my head. The AS10 was equally as quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an Airsense 10 Autoset with ClimateLine (heated) hose.
With the tube temp at 72F and humidity set at 3, I use up about 85-90% of the water in ~8-9 hours. That's with a room temp of 68F and RH ~40% (running a whole house humidifier in winter).

It will depend on the environment in your room and what your machine settings are.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Strongly suggest using a room humidifier to avoid running out of water on your unit.  Ideally one that has humidity control.  As others have mentioned your bedroom appears to be quite dry.  Quite common in winter time (of course depending on where you live as well).

I run a whole house humidifier set at 35%, and set my bedroom humidity to 45% min. when sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
My issue is similar. I had a Philips Respironics System One, 60 series for 7 years. It was not perfect but I never had an issue with humidification. As a result of the recall, I now have a Dreamstation 2 and a crusty nose. I am using setting number 1, as in the lowest setting, and have a room humidifier, and I still run out of water.   I had a bout with Flu A right after I got the unit (late Dec) and am still fighting a crusty nose. I could run the unit at a higher setting but would need to get up and add water during the night. Why the problem after 7 years of no issue?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,832 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,137 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.