Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Dreamstation difficult to turn off
Philips Dreamstation difficult to turn off
New CPAP user and new to this forum.  I just received and started using my Philips Dreamstation CPAP last Tuesday.  My husband has been using the Philips Dreamstation BIPAP for about a year now. 

My problem is that I have to push and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds to a minute before the machine will shut off.  Whereas my husband’s it’s only a couple of seconds before it will shut off.  Is this normal? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamstation difficult to turn off
Hi and welcome to the board. Smile

I am a Resmed user myself, but that doesn't sound like it should take that long to me. Do you perhaps some kind of autostart turned on? Maybe if so and you still have the mask on, that might cause it to struggle to figure out what it should or shouldn't do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board.

Agreed. That's not normal behavior. I would call your medical supplier to get them to check it out. As was mentioned, see if Auto Start is on and turn that off. Try to turn it on then off to see if that helps make it work correctly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. I keep it on auto-start. 

When I need to get out of bed, I reach over and turn the unit off at it's switch. By doing that, it shuts off immediately. If I simply disconnect the air hose from my mask, it takes a few seconds for it to turn off. For me, that's too long. 

When I return to bed, I simply reconnect the air hose to my mask and take a breath. Bingo! It's back up and running.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your replies! I don't think there is auto start. Come to find out, I was pushing the power button wrong and probably for too long. I admit I am a newbie with the CPAP, only a week so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha no worries - you should have seen me fumbling to try and get the humidifier tank in and out of my Resmed when I first started. Not to mention eternally struggling with the door to the SDCard. Thank goodness for FlashAir, that's all I'm gonna say. Glad you figured it out.

P.S. After double-checking, I think that the Dreamstation DOES have an auto on/off function, but you may have to go into the clinical menu to enable/disable it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,336 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.