Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Dreamwear Full Face Mask
Philips Dreamwear Full Face Mask
Hello y'all,

I'm new to CPAP and got a Philips Dreamwear Full Face Mask. I'm 6 days in and now that I'm dialing in that I found a good pressure, I'm getting major leaks at the top of my mask either in front of my nose, or to the sides of my nose into my eyes, causing me to rip off the mask last night due to leak (best AHI score ever though!)I'm using the small, does that mean this mask simply doesn't suit me?

Are the F10s comfortable or any of the triangle shaped full face masks, because it seems those wont leak? I'm not sure what mask to try next.

Since the leak is through the nose, I'm assuming the advice of chin straps, cervical collar etc doesnt apply. If it does, let me know!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamwear Full Face Mask
Hi, melodicmessage  I haven't used a full face mask, so I can't advise on that directly, but here are some useful links from the Board, in case you haven't seen them already: 

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer

How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED! | Apnea Board

You might also try searching for your mask on YouTube for video reviews.  The reviewers may give tips on fitting and pros and cons of your mask versus other masks.  There are also review threads on this forum.

Is there a particular reason that you are using a full face mask?  Did you have a chance to try on any other masks?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Dreamwear Full Face Mask
The Philips Dreamwear full face mask has what I consider a “gentle” curvature which “settles“ under the nose. Whereas the ResMed Airfit F30i full face mask has a rather sharp curvature which “cups” the nose. The Dreamwear seemed more comfortable yet problematic to me in terms of keeping a decent seal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,845 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,204 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,601 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.