Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Recall Return payment v Replacement
Philips Recall Return payment v Replacement
I registered my System One CPAP with Philips by telephone conversation as part of the recall process. The rep told me it did not qualify for replacement due to 1. being off warranty and 2. older than its suggested service life of 5 years. I said that I want a replacement anyway. The rep told me to use the automated online Philips recall site to pursue a replacement.

I found at the recall site a statement the claims an out of warranty, past service of 5 years unit is not eligible for replacement. I entered my case number, it was recognized. The last step was to select either payment for return or replacement. I selected replacement. A message appeared that I would receive an email concerning the status of my claim.

It has been 5 days since the request for replacement was made via the online form for recall settlements. No email has come and a visit to the site gives no indication of the claim status. I do not agree with a replacement being denied for my unit, but I will not pursue this beyond a request unless there is third party recourse available.

Has anyone gotten replacement for a CPAP that is past the suggested 5 year service life? There are no new units of my model, but a refurbished one would be fine for replacement or a repair of mine. If the payment to return is substantial, that would be okay too, but the site does not give that amount. Does anyone know the amount paid for a return? 

Thanks for any advice.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Recall Return payment v Replacement
Yes. I was able to get a new DreamStation 2 BiPAP AutoSV from my DME. I filled out the form not long after hearing about the recall on the Phillips website. My System One was over 5 years old too. I kept waiting and waiting to hear from Phillips about a replacement for my unit, but nothing ever came and there was on communication from Phillips. Every time I’d check the website or call the number to get a status update nothing would come of it. I’d been in touch with my DME and Dr. and my DME finally came through. I took my old one into the DME, handed it in and they gave me a new one. I was out the door within 1/2 hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips gave me the same "out of warranty" run-around regarding my RemStar Plus that I must've gotten back in 2005 or so, but it still works and I still use it when I travel so I persisted. Last week Philips delivered a brand-new DS2 APAP to replace it, in part because they appear to be very bad at coordinating prescriptions from doctors with claims.

My doctor's office faxed my prescription info twice, along with my device S/N and claim number and all the other info Philips asked for and yet I got the "we can't locate your prescription, so is it ok if we send you an auto device?" email. Even then, it was nearly impossible to find the place on their Patient Portal where you can make this election. But I eventually found and checked the requisite box.

You can always call their phone line at 877-907-7508 in a pinch.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher, statesman, and political theorist
Post Reply Post Reply
dsconnell......

Could you confirm that what you received is actually a Dream Station 2 (black). So far as I know a DS2 in a BiPAP version does not yet exist. Kinda wondering if this is a new product Resperonics recently may have released(?)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have gotten replacement for a CPAP that is past the suggested 5 year service life.

The Philips Resmstar Plus I had, provided to me about a decade ago and garnered the same warnings and declarations on the portal, was quickly replaced. However, I will note that I have never received a timely email from Philips pertaining to device replacement. When I registered the Philips Resmstar Plus in early January of this year, I opted for the APAP replacement and completed the prioritization information. In early February, when I went to the portal to check the status, it was as if I hadn't completed either of those tasks so I did it again. Eight days later, a new DS2 APAP Advanced arrived. It was about 6 weeks from initial submission to receipt of the DS2. In contrast, the DS1 I submitted via the portal during the latter part of August 2021, after much aggravation and arguing, was replaced with a DS2 APAP Advanced after 16 months. I was notified by email that it had shipped, but that was just 16 minutes before it arrived on my doorstep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received a DS2 Auto ... they exist. It replaces a 7 year old SystemOne. I am also on the list for another even older machine.

ps: everything I did that was successful happened via the web; everything I did that was unsuccessful was via the phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the DS2 come in ASV -- which is what I need.?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to our knowledge
Post Reply Post Reply
I had RemStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ from 2012. Sent in the model and serial number for recall.  Asked for my RX, but sent none since I was not using CPAP by then. Offered $25. Did not respond. Subsequently took apnea sleep center test and received ResMed AutoSense 11 via Medicare  for treatment  The Dreamstation II auto recently  arrived direct for Philips  with no notice. No real discussion with Philips on any aspect.   Go figure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,850 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,072 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,295 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 382 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 205 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.