Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics DreamStation check power
RE: Philips Respironics DreamStation check power
I had a similar problem last week. After reading the posts here, I tried a bit of "see what happens" troubleshooting. First, I tried using the machine without the humidifier. Nope. After a few more of these trials, I pulled the modem (which hasn't worked in a long, long time) and the machine booted up properly. I'll see how it does over time now. 

From the number of issues with the DreamStation (this "power" issue, the recall, the breaking humidifier latch, and the frequently breaking air filter springs) it certainly looks like Respironics had some serious design quality issues. Have there been other problems with this model? Is it time to look at another manufacturer?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Have there been other problems with this model? "

Well, when you consider the toxic foam recall going on right now... yes.

Edit - oops, just noticed that you did mention recall in your post, sorry.
Good news is there may be a ton of Dreamstations on the used market at some point, from those who refuse to have Philips "repair" and just went out to buy a Resmed. Parts galore, just remove that foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
My friend has a PR DreamStation and we got the same message on hers. After looking things over, I noticed the center pin on the connector from the power supply was mash to the side inside the barrel connector. That said, and what I have read here, leads me to believe that the barrel connector carries power to the machine and the center pin may carry the validation signal proving a genuine PR power supply is attached. I don't know this for certain, but it makes sense. So, if the center pin was stressed and snapped completely off, it would look like any other generic barrel connector and the assumption could be made that the connector was good, but that would not be the case.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts and its many users.
~ Using a 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
The center pin on a lot of laptop and similar power bricks has a resistor that identifies the power brick by its value.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 1,492 97,915 5 hours ago
Last Post: cbeissel
  Devilbiss 12 volt power cable Cuppa 1 35 Today, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  False Increase in Apneas with Respironics kbauhs 18 280 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kbauhs
  Anyone know if Respironics M Series is safe to use? dlbzone 5 110 09-21-2021, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  [Equipment] Has Your Philips Dreamstation Humidifier Lid Latch Failed? FLsleeper7 31 6,731 09-17-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: gludden
  New member - having issued with Philips Respironics Dreamstation DianaJune 9 226 09-15-2021, 03:07 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Power Supply DS2, DS1 MikeE3 3 81 09-14-2021, 08:51 PM
Last Post: timpani

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.