Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure
RE: Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure
(06-17-2022, 08:09 AM)Xsoldier2000 Wrote: I see this issue on two different DS1's. (The one I always had which I believe I changed settings and this suddenly started happening, and the replacement recalled one sent from my DME)

Is it actually a second machine or is it the same machine? I know when they do recalls are specific car parts they just replace that one part and give you back the same car you had. If it was just a recall on say the foam they used in that machine they would more than likely just take out the foam replace it with the new part and send it back, same machine, and never checked for any other issues because other issues are not part of the recall.

Like if you have an issue where going above a certain speed is causing your gears to slip and there is a recall on the side door airbag they are just going to replace the airbag and not check for any other faults. So is it really a brand new machine or is it the same machine with the recalled part replaced from the recall?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2022, 09:18 AM)hh9797 Wrote: Is it actually a second machine or is it the same machine?

So is it really a brand new machine or is it the same machine with the recalled part replaced from the recall?

Yes, to my knowledge they don't leave you without a CPAP and just fix yours, they send you a fixed machine and you send them back your recalled machine after stripping it of other accessories.

I still have my old machine (boxed up and ready to send back) with the replaced machine on my nightstand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Confirming my issue was with EZ-Start (also turned off Opti-start) and the machine works like it used to.

My issue is closed. Thank you everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been having the same problem for the last couple of months, and I've been waking up feeling WORSE than I do when I sleep without my CPAP. 

Has anyone found a viable fix for this? I don't have the opti-start or EZ start on, and I set ramp up to zero and today I tested it while awake, and after 30 minutes the pressure never goes above 6 (starts at 5). I even increased max pressure to 17 from 15 and nothing.
Are there any other fixes in the settings or do I need a new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Arodriguez531, please start your own therapy thread so we can keep your information in one place.

Also, please download OSCAR and post some charts. The links in my signature contain the requisite information to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
XSoldier2000, did you find a resolution to your constant low pressure issue? If so, please kindly share.

Tom Buck
USARMY AMC RET CIV

Belay that. Did not scroll far enough. Apologies for the bother.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,220 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,927 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,814 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,070 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 219 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 226 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.