Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trilogy evo alarms
Trilogy evo alarms
I recently switched from the trilogy 100 to the trilogy evo.  It is not unusual for me to take my mask off multiple times--blowing my nose, taking a drink, coughing, etc.  That was fine with the 100, but the Evo gets a low inspiratory pressure alarm.  And unless you touch a small area that I can't easily reach from my bed to clear, the screen stays glowing brightly.

I have turned off all the alarms I can find to turn off. Has anyone found a way to truly disable that alarm?  Or make the screen stay dark through alarms? Or any suggestions?  (Other than drape something over it, which is what I'm currently doing.)

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trilogy evo alarms
Very few if any members here use the advanced ventilator Trilogy Evo, and we do not have access to the clinical manual. Your supplier or caretaker should be able to cancel the alarm, but I'm sure they don't want to give you the secret handshake to access the clinical controls. A solution that would work well but requires some DIY, would be to put the unit into a drawer of a bedside nightstand. If that is available to you, simply have a 2-inch hole bored in the back so the tubing and power cord can be routed into the back of the drawer. The unit can then be easily accessed by opening the drawer, but would be out of sight and much quieter during use.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Evo nightly.  Here are my solutions:  1.  I place the Evo on a wooden bench just to the right of my bed (within arms reach).  That way if I need to turn off or to standby this can be easily accomplished.  2.  If you have to take the mask off several times a night, you can either push the off or standby button.  (I like to push off 100% of the time because when I mask up again, the pressure starts much lower than it is when I wake up and it is much easier to get back to sleep.  Standby seems to keep the pressure high. 

The Evo could double as a large flashlight (since the screen is so large and so bright).  I put a large book in front of the screen just after I turn it on and go to sleep to block out all of the light.  And that way, if I have to turn it off during the night for some reason, I can do it most efficiently.  

I have had no reason to disable the alarms because they are practically non-existent for me.  I am not sure if you can turn down the alarm volume (only press the alarm button once it sounds to silence it). Like Sleeprider said, your RT should have a manual.  I think I found the manual online in the past though.  Not sure.  I haven't needed to resort to it.  Any other questions about the Evo just post and I can try to help you.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I'm in a different situation than most, because I have lung issues that require me to use it during the day, too. So it's mounted on a rolling stand that makes it high up when I am laying down. But taking it off and putting it on my nightstand each night where I can reach should be pretty easy.  I didn't think about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jay, I forgot you were using the Evo, but knew you used a ventilator. Glad there is someone here that knows this device.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And wow, no kidding on the high pressure.  My mask has always been a little leaky, so the higher blast is something to get used to.
Post Reply Post Reply

I found the manual online.  This is from the Evo manual about adjusting the volume.  Can you adjust the height of the Evo lower on the stand?  That might make it easier rolling the cart around from bedroom to living room, etc.  If not, taking it off of the stand at night seems like a good idea.  I always grab mine by the handle because it is pretty heavy.  

I know you have to hold the power button for 3 seconds to get the option of 1.  on/off or 2.  standby.  Using standby mode when blowing your nose, etc.at night might be easier (less buttons to push).  

No problem Sleeprider.  Glad to be able to help.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 446 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Philip Respironics Trilogy EVO annbower112597 3 461 04-19-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: annbower112597
Question Philip Respironics Trilogy EVO annbower112597 17 1,395 04-16-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Trilogy EVO leak compensation - can we adjust/turn off Steph19 2 1,493 01-21-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Steph19
  Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? Chalkie 12 1,971 06-09-2021, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alarms on Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS going off at night LookingForward 1 1,013 01-12-2021, 06:26 PM
  Should XPAPs Have Built In Alarms? player 3 2,080 07-10-2015, 10:23 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.