Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics Nasal DreamWear Under the Nose Mask
Philips Respironics Nasal DreamWear Under the Nose Mask
I really like this mask. But!  The darn band on the back of the head keeps slipping up on my head and creates leaks.  It almost seems like the attachment points for the head band need to be about an inch lower.  Has anyone else’s had this problem?  Did you modify the headband ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics Nasal DreamWear Under the Nose Mask
Hi.  I have the same mask.  It took a little experimenting to get it right.  What worked for me was getting the  nozzle positioned right at the top of the head (when sitting up), then adjusting the rear straps without the side connection straps attached until the mask is comfortably  in place on nose and mouth.  Then, attach and adjust the side straps for the minimum needed to get a good seal.   Its also very important to have the right size mask.  I was started with the medium size, but found it very hard to position where I had clear breathing.  Went to the  large one and it fits perfectly and comfortably.  Hope this is helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
My son had the same issue with his  Dreamwear headgear. We were able to solve the problem by wrapping the headgear bands with self adhesive bandage wrap (the stuff they wrap around gauze whenever you get blood drawn). The wrap worked wonders in keeping the straps from slipping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I just may need a different size frame. I’m going to try what you suggested first. Thanks

That’s a great solution, I bet some medical bandage tape would work also.  Thanks for the tip. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,856 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,078 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,354 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.