Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips Respironics Nuance Mask Headgear Alternative
RE: Philips Respironics Nuance Mask Headgear Alternative
I actually prefer the Pro with the gel pads. I tried the cloth one, and had trouble keeping the pillow in position with it and gave up after two nights.

My biggest complaint remains the velcro on the headgear -- and even with babying it I barely got two months out of it. I'm sticking with it as I prefer the Nuances soft pillow over the one in the P10.

As for costs, replacement parts don't require a prescription and deals can be found to help.

"Take it as it comes, specialize in having fun"
-- Jim Morrison
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2015, 10:57 AM)ClarkK Wrote: I actually prefer the Pro with the gel pads. I tried the cloth one, and had trouble keeping the pillow in position with it and gave up after two nights.

My biggest complaint remains the velcro on the headgear -- and even with babying it I barely got two months out of it. I'm sticking with it as I prefer the Nuances soft pillow over the one in the P10.

As for costs, replacement parts don't require a prescription and deals can be found to help.

Hi, I'm still a newbie at this CPAP thing and spent a week with the Wisp nasal mask and just switched to the Nuance pro the other day. This is night and day more comfortable for me. Anyway, and although I haven't had issues with mine yet, I'd like to suggest perhaps buying some velcro tape (3M makes a nice one) which has adhesive on both the fuzzy and the prickly sides and replacing the one that's on your headgear now. It's a cheap potential fix and much less than the cost of new headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 09:11 AM)supersleepyhead Wrote: Hi all. After lurking a bit, I decided to join.

A year ago, I had to change my CPAP machine to the Philips Respironics. I go through my Nuance mask headgear about every month-and-a-half to two months. These things are just not durable since I sweat a lot and my head is oily. Insurance will only replace them every six months.

Is there an alternative or has anyone made a mask out of actual material that isn't rubber and going to degrade/stick to my skin? It would be worth it to pay for something that is actually machine or hand washable that would last a year or so.

I seem to mention it too frequently, but if you use a pap-cap chinstrap, you can throw away the nuance headgear and just stick the nuance straps to the side velcro patches on the papcap, then stick on the chin strap.

As a bonus, it holds it in place perfectly, even better than the original fragile headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd love it if the Nuance Pillow was combined with a P10 like headgear. I much prefer the Nuance Pillow -- but I'd love to get rid of the zelcro unless it was placed on the back of the head for limited adjustments.

"Take it as it comes, specialize in having fun"
-- Jim Morrison
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow different strokes! I find the P10 headgear the downfall of the entire system - WAY too easy to knock the mask off for me.

I prefer everything about the Nuance to the P10.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 55 4,877 9 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,199 10 hours ago
Last Post: freakyfrog
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,778 Yesterday, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,192 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 513 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 275 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,823 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.