Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips-Respironics Pricing Policy
Philips-Respironics Pricing Policy
Thought this was an interesting read...

It's a PDF of Philips-Respironics' Pricing Policy for DMEs. Contains info such as:
  • US minimum advertised pricing policy (MAP Policy)
  • US advertising policy
  • End-user only sales policy for US

Link to PDF:

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...Policy.pdf

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips-Respironics Pricing Policy
Very interesting.

Price fixing is basically illegal in the U.S. (and everywhere else as well), but there a several loopholes. It appears that Philips Respironics found every one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well they are good at filling holes....
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance, they fix prices in Australia too

REMstar Auto A-Flex with SD card, with humidifier DS560HS .... $828
I like that better local rip-off prices
Post Reply Post Reply
Clicked on your link.

The PDF is dated March 3, 2015, so I guess it was updated but still uses the same link.

I noticed that the "Comfort Gel Blue" mask etc. were not listed.
I wonder if they have been discontinued or aren't under a MAP agreement?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is very standard and any company that has the resources to offer these types of products to market has the same type of agreement, actually any large company selling any products does the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 12:51 AM)eddie willers Wrote: Clicked on your link.

The PDF is dated March 3, 2015, so I guess it was updated but still uses the same link.

I noticed that the "Comfort Gel Blue" mask etc. were not listed.
I wonder if they have been discontinued or aren't under a MAP agreement?

I believe the Comfort Gel Blue is no longer under a MAP agreement. Supplier no. 1 is advertising it for $59.50. The February 1, 2013 version of the same document lists the MAP for the Comfort Gel Blue as $109. The 2013 document lists 11 masks that are not listed in the 2015 document, and only one that is listed in 2015, the Amara. The 2015 document lists 4 masks that are not listed in the 2013 document. Apparently, the MAP only matters for the newest masks. Also, humidifier chambers, filters, and non-heated tubing were under MAP in 2013 and are no longer under MAP today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Uh, call me dumb, but where is the controversy in this? Manufacturers always suggest a minimum price for advertising purposes, in every field - this isn't price fixing, JJJ - as Philips says in the first page - retailers are free to sell the devices below that price - this only refers to what they put in their advertising and nothing else. The idea is to level the playing field amongst the retailers. This is common practice in the US and most of the West. And just to let you know, the distributors in Switzerland charge well over double those prices, because they can. Nothing to do with Philips HQ. The excuse is shipping and import tariffs, plus the usual waffle about the high wages and office rental, etc in Switzerland, all of which has been shown to be rubbish by our ombudsman, but every attempt in the Swiss Parliament to force change on this common pricing ploy has shattered (it is across the board, not just for CPAP, but everything, even Swiss produced products - I can buy Swiss made vitamins for half the price in Germany than I do in the country of origin). While the document is interesting as good general price guide of what you should expect each thing to cost, it is hardly scandalous, in fact, rather helpful. Thanks for posting it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,848 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,263 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.